The Big Sheffield Graffiti Thread

i am filming a study of graffiti in sheffield and need some good shots of graffiti in the city. does anyone know of any particularly bad areas

thanks

The walkway under the parkway to Norton College used to be pretty bad.

But is graffiti always necessarily "bad"? What about Basquiat? Perhaps a more open mind would mean a better study. :)

I think there is a difference between writing 'someone woz 'ere' and art on the wall?

Yeah i agree, some of the stuff on the sides of train lines on the london overground system are really highly skilled, but theres always the usual 'tagging' scum. Wow that was harsh!

contact the nonstop foundation, number in phone book, ask to speak to shaun.

they are world class spraycan artists based in sheffield.

Originally posted by annaO

AKA. vandals??

contact the nonstop foundation, number in phone book, ask to speak to shaun.

Here is their website

ignorance is bliss then to20?

makes me cross when people who don't understand choose to make highly sweeping statements that are IGNORANT.

ignorance is bliss then to20?

makes me cross when people who don't understand choose to make highly sweeping statements that are IGNORANT.

Which is why I followed it with question marks, because I don't fully know what you're on about.

In my opinion, any graffiti is bad, whether it is "artistic" or just tagging. It looks unsightly, and should be more severely punished and cleaned up more promptly.

Originally posted by t020

In my opinion, any graffiti is bad, whether it is "artistic" or just tagging. It looks unsightly, and should be more severely punished and cleaned up more promptly.

"Graffiti" : A drawing or inscription made on a wall or other surface, usually so as to be seen by the public."

Right. Let's get rid of all those cave paintings. What were those cavemen thinking?

Nomme