The Myers Grove - Wisewood schools merge debate

should wisewood/myers merger go ahead?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. should wisewood/myers merger go ahead?

• No- Don't merge the schools
    • Yes- Merge the schools
    • No- Keep both schools open, spend the money improving both schools

No I didn't I handed the site over to somebody else.

I am posting privately. Not in my capacity as a support worker as Hillsborough Forum is a non political organisation.

I am posting privately. Not in my capacity as a support worker

what meetings? Hills forum had one, the AGM which included a guest speaker to talk about the flooding.

Because it wasn't about the merger it was an AGM and had a guest speaker from Leeds to discuss the flooding and I politely asked your comrade not to hijack it.

Now let it drop.

I can understand your concern at what you believe to be people hounding you, but when you attend a demonstration at the Town Hall, take some photographs of the rally with one of your sons clearly holding a 'don't close Wisewood' placard and then a few months down the line, after joining HONF, you've gone quiet on the subject you can understand why some people feel hurt by you and let down, especially after the success that you've had in helping to rejuvenate and turn around your Winn Gardens community.

I think, being as this affects your kids, people expected you to fight as hard for the school as you did for Winn and therefore you're coming over as somebody who's let a lot of people down and a bit of a hypocrite.

I genuinely DO NOT mean this as an insult, just a simple observation.

PS. I DO wish you success in whatever role comes your way in the future.

Rampromhom, what part of my last post did you not understand? Calling someone a hypocrite for not being as zealous as yourself, or even possibly changing their mind (not that I believe that's what is happening here, but it could be) is really not on.

Quality of Education should be the subject - not the politics. Council is closing a superior school delivering better education to kids than Myers Grove. It makes no sense from this perspective.

Quality of Education should be the subject - not the politics. Council is closing a superior school delivering better education to kids than Myers Grove. It makes no sense from this perspective.

Exactly - you got it in one.

personally, I never wanted it to get political as im not very understanding of that subject.

It is about the kids getting a good education where they are - Wisewood.

This cannot be guaranteed if the 'new school' goes ahead and with the results that Wisewood has just seen I do not want anybody jeopardising the results of mine or other peoples childrens GCSE's or other exams they may take.

There are other reasons also for the merger not to go ahead but as said before there are too many to list on one post.

I can understand your concern at what you believe to be people hounding you, but when you attend a demonstration at the Town Hall, take some photographs of the rally with one of your sons clearly holding a 'don't close Wisewood' placard and then a few months down the line, after joining HONF, you've gone quiet on the subject you can understand why some people feel hurt by you and let down, especially after the success that you've had in helping to rejuvenate and turn around your Winn Gardens community.

I think, being as this affects your kids, people expected you to fight as hard for the school as you did for Winn and therefore you're coming over as somebody who's let a lot of people down and a bit of a hypocrite.

I genuinely DO NOT mean this as an insult, just a simple observation.

PS. I DO wish you success in whatever role comes your way in the future.

Foxy your not standing as a labour candidate at the next election are you?

I really hope that it isn't the case, local campaigner 'changes mind' and gets selected to stand for labour.

That's not hypocrisy, its corruption.

Don't say that you weren't warned.

The hounding stops now.

Closing.