Thread closed as dedicated forum launched

Stay put - it will be fine- there are plenty of people still in the buildings. The building is fine and will be structurally sound. The flows around the buidlings columns shouldn't be too bad. ps I'm in redgrave.

I wouldn't even attempt it.

We've just been for a bit of a look. It is possible to walk from the bottom of Spital Hill to Corporation Street along the new Road. Nursery Street is completely under water though. Corporation St. was ok about half an hour ago (for pedestrians). The Riverside pub is still open, you could always go there!

We're going to pop out on to Burngreave Road in a bit and see if anyone wants to stop over for the night. The traffic's been backed up there for hours, moving very slowly.

samstar999 - Very kind thank you...she's on her way to town centre though and is going to call me from a phone box :)

fay - Sumo are flooded in and busy moving everything upstairs I heard just now. Ok other than that.

husband's phoned to say him and his workmate managed to walk to Shalesmoor and are now heading to Burngreave. He reckons they should be home in 30. (minutes I hope)

Hope its not true but I was talking to a guy who had to "swim" up Penistone Road and he was saying a guy got out of an abondoned car outside the Wednesday ground with his baby on his shoulders, lost his footing and lost the baby...........

Seriously hope this was a case of chinese whispers big time!

Dear God I hope this isn't true !!!

Well I've just put on my sodden clothes again :gag: and walked down Summerfield Street for a raincheck (as it were). I was very concerned about the tiny bottleneck bridge there (see my photos). The water was overwhelming the arch and backing up. It wouldn't have taken much for it to give way or break out cutting off yet another major road.

But the water has gone down markedly, which is a relief. They say the high point was going to be in the middle of the night, but it's ebbing a bit now.

anyone know why the top dam at Redmires is almost empty :confused:

Did some berk accidentally pull the plug out?

samstar999 - Very kind thank you...she's on her way to town centre though and is going to call me from a phone box :)

OK - hope she gets home. It's not too bad between here and town, sure she'll find someone to help her. :)

Hope its not true but I was talking to a guy who had to "swim" up Penistone Road and he was saying a guy got out of an abondoned car outside the Wednesday ground with his baby on his shoulders, lost his footing and lost the baby...........

Seriously hope this was a case of chinese whispers big time!

OMG! I so hope that's not true......

Large topic now closed. There is now a dedicated forum to discuss all issues caused by today's weather and resulting floods. Please start new topics based around core issues and then post replies within these threads.

Edit: For those of you who've missed the new red box on the left of all screens, the dedicated forum is:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=100

Start new topics there, a dedicated forum for both now and after the waters go down.