Old Primark building to become an EasyHotel

Probably quite literally.

What a grim area to put a hotel!

They already have a Ibis, Travel Inn and Premier Inn in that area so there must be a demand

They already have a Ibis, Travel Inn and Premier Inn in that area so there must be a demand

I know, it stuns me!

The Ibis in particular is awful.

I would rather recommend clients didn't bother coming to the city than stay in one of those areas I have to say!

I know, it stuns me!

The Ibis in particular is awful.

I would rather recommend clients didn't bother coming to the city than stay in one of those areas I have to say!

They are budget hotels though.

Send clients to St Paul's or Leopold if you want to make a reasonable impression.

They are budget hotels though.

Send clients to St Paul's or Leopold if you want to make a reasonable impression.

I always do. The St Paul's is really nice!

Really???

Have you actually been down "that side of town" as you call it. You are talking nonsense.

The whole area is changing with a mix of new student accommodation, offices and other businesses. Its already surrounded by several established hotels and is minutes away from the uni, rail stations and office buildings. Its likely to do very well

Some people always have to have a pop no matter what is proposed or what is built. No wonder this city is so behind.

Sometimes I really wish they would bring the hole in the road and all those hideous underground Walkways back circa 1989 just to remind some of those with the rose tinted specs exactly what a crap hole this city really was before the developers started their work

To be fair it is scruffy down that side of town. Its got a little better but still need massive redevelopment.

Hen & Chickens, Betting Shop Row, Empty Shops, Begging, Drug Dealing, Castle Market Derelict land

Its not pleasant

To be fair it is scruffy down that side of town. Its got a little better but still need massive redevelopment.

Hen & Chickens, Betting Shop Row, Empty Shops, Begging, Drug Dealing, Castle Market Derelict land

Its not pleasant

If you don't like it there you don't have to go there you are free to go somewhere else.

Its not pleasant

I agree. Waingate and Fitzallan Square really could do with redeveloping. It's never been especially pleasant, but it has gone down hill.

That could be a great area for lots of mass student accommodation, which seems to be all the rage these days

If you don't like it there you don't have to go there you are free to go somewhere else.

I live near there so im probably better qualified to discuss it than you my friend.

Go and troll someone else. :roll:

Probably quite literally.

What a grim area to put a hotel!

Do you not think that building a hotel rather than leaving an empty old store to rot is maybe a contributor to lifting the area?

As for the apparent shame of putting up your client's in the city accommodation, that to me says far more about your clients than the location.

I certainly dont have any embarrassment at putting my clients up overnight in this city. The majority of which have been more than happy at the Royal Vic or Hilton.

As someone who stays over a lot myself in other locations, Sheffield is nowhere near the worst. Try the lower end of Leeds near the station and Hilton areas. Try the upper end of Corporation Street in Birmingham.

God sake - what is drama here. We should be happy for one less empty block and another addition to the ONGOING redevelopment around the whole of Castlegate / Waingate.

Yes there are some vagrants. Yes there are some areas which are more grim than others, but that's the same story in EVERY city centre.

Constant negativity from people just for the sake of it.

If they dont do something, people moan about the city lagging behind.....

When they try and build something, people criticise and make comparisons of the area around it....

When they actually do build something, people moan about the architecture, costs, clientele or purpose.....

When a building reaches the end of its life, people moan about them being left to rot and looking an eyesore....

When a company tries to redevelop or pull it down, people scream and shout that its vital to our heritage and should be kept....

When a new project is proposed, people moan its not the same as the old one and not good enough....

Round and round it goes.... Its pathetic.

Honestly makes me wonder why companies bother. Seems to me we get the city we deserve.

Edited by ECCOnoob

I always do. The St Paul's is really nice!

It's a 4-star hotel, it should be a bit more than 'really nice' :huh:

It's a 4-star hotel, it should be a bit more than 'really nice' :huh:

Its only an average mark these days and very ambiguous.

Not all hotels choose to pay money to be assessed on the so called "official" AA/Visit Britain ratings system.

Based on reviews on trip advisor there are 11 hotels in the city with the same rating including 2 premier inns, a Holiday Inn Express and the Jurys.

I wouldn't be expecting a mini Claridges. Even a Travelodge in a central location can be approaching £60-90 these days dependant on demand.

Edited by ECCOnoob

When it's not busy they could let some streetpeople have a room on cold night's.