Call for musicians, bands Saturday 16 Sept

Hi all,

Please contact me if you can help us out at extremely short notice.

We have an anti-fracking fundraiser at Fox and Hounds, Marsh Lane S21 5RH

This Saturday and had two bands pulled out (double booked).

Could anyone find it in their hearts to step in at the 11th hour (ok a bit dramatic but I've asked every band I've seen) and play for us for free, for nothing except admiration and love and possibly a new fan base.

Come on Sheffield ?

Hi all,

Please contact me if you can help us out at extremely short notice.

We have an anti-fracking fundraiser at Fox and Hounds, Marsh Lane S21 5RH

This Saturday and had two bands pulled out (double booked).

Could anyone find it in their hearts to step in at the 11th hour (ok a bit dramatic but I've asked every band I've seen) and play for us for free, for nothing except admiration and love and possibly a new fan base.

Come on Sheffield ?

Bar staff working for free too I assume?

Doubt it, but landlord will be paying them and we're not in the pub at all.

I'm a volunteer as is everyone involved.

As I said we can't pay so if its not for you fine. You may have made valuable contacts through bands already playing or here's a concept just enjoyed yourself playing to a new crowd.

Anyone else want to have a pop feel free. I've developed very thick skin in dealing with Fracking companies.

Still would love someone with altruistic values to help. If not, thanks for reading.x

Do you have all backline/PA available or does the band need to bring it?

Anyone else want to have a pop feel free. I've developed very thick skin in dealing with Fracking companies.

Developed quite an aggressive tone too it seems.

Serious question - you're presumably raising money for this cause? If so, what will that money be used for?

I'm going to assume it's to fund things like printers for flyers and stuff like that?

Not aggressive at all. Just wanted to be clear. Ant profit made goes to Eckington Against Fracking for a legal challenge against fracking in their village.

---------- Post added 14-09-2017 at 13:31 ----------

Yes also for flyers, hire of rooms etc. These things used to be free but businesses are feeling the crunch, which is why we would be really grateful for any help.

---------- Post added 14-09-2017 at 13:34 ----------

Do you have all backline/PA available or does the band need to bring it?

Hi Halley, yes we've hired a professional PA, sorry don't know what a backline is ( you can see why we need help)?

---------- Post added 14-09-2017 at 13:39 ----------

Halley, hope this means something to you

PA Specs:

Mixing Desks

Soundcraft LX7ii 24 Channel Live Sound Mixer

Or

Soundcraft EPM12 12 Channel Multi-Format Mixer

(depending on how many channels needed)

Snake

1 x Stagg Stagebox 24 XLR Inputs, 4 XLR Outputs, 30m Snake with XLR Connections S

Microphones

3 x Shure SM57 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal / Instrument Microphone

3 x Shure SM58 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone

1 x Samson 8kit 8-piece Drum Mic Set

1x Sennheiser EW D1-935 Hand-Held Wireless Microphone System

Various other vocal and instrument microphones

Other

Various BSS AR-133 & Studio Spares Active DI Boxes

2x Behringer Eurolive F1220A SINGLE 125W Active Wedge Monitor – 12”

Various cables, speaker stands and mic stands

2x LED Light Bars

Speakers

Mackie SMR 430v3 (1000w) X2

Mackie SRM1801 Single 18″ Active Subwoofer (1000w) x 2

or

Mackie SMR 430v3 (1000w) X2

Mackie SRM450v2 (300W) X2

Mackie SRM1801 Single 18″ Active Subwoofer (1000w) X1

(one of our speakers is in for repair at the moment so if it's still not fixed by the 16th, we'll take 2 extra speakers and turn them up a little louder than usual to make up for it, we used this setup for a few thousand at Sheffield Fayre on Monday so i'm confident it'll be more than enough whichever setup we use)

Yes also for flyers, hire of rooms etc. These things used to be free but businesses are feeling the crunch, which is why we would be really grateful for any help.

Totally appreciate that these things used to be free. Bands should, in my view, be on the list of things that used to be free.

This isn't just you - there are so many times when events ask for bands to play for 'exposure'. No one asks the printers to print flyers for exposure, or the lawyers doing your legal work to do that for 'exposure'. The PA is being hired as you say. We see it time and time again - why do people put literally no value on artists? It's wrong.

Again, nothing against you or your cause, but I can't understand why musicians are seen as such second class citizens that it's acceptable to ask them to work for free, but no one else is expected to.

Good luck with it though! :)

Andy1976

I agree we're asking for free help, but we're not trying to use people for our own gain. If you're not faced with the prospect of a drill rig 300 metres from your home and you're worried sick about how it will affect your children then it's easy to dismiss as scare mongering. It's real and the government has said it's fine to pollute the North because well, we're all scroungers aren't we. I also understand your feelings, sorry for offending, that wasn't my intention. Anyway must pop off got until Saturday to learn Teen Spirit on the spoons. Lol.x

Have you put something on the Sheffield Musicians Facebook page?

I have put a link on there for you. You would need to join to post on there.