Which Pubs had the best Pinball Machines

The Saddle on West st,was good but for me it was The Truro on Queens rd in the late 6ts

The Deerstalker in Stannington had a Sing a Long pinball in the early 70's

The Gardeners at Neepsend had a Williams 'Pit Stop' ... loved it!! Never reckoned much to Bally machines

Pin ball machines were very popular in the 60's and 70's and most pubs had them. Was never that bothered about them, but a couple of mates got quite good on them. Our local used to have a prize of a gallon of beer for the best score of the week and one or the other of them buggers won more often than not.

The bottom Freedom had one that was my means to drinks every week :)

The bottom Freedom had one that was my means to drinks every week :)

The Old Mulberry had the best pinball, I can't remember which one it was [my memory says Gottleib Showboat] but it did have a crack in the glass through which with use of a tailcomb you could knock up the score and play all afternoon for free.

Edited by mickyboy

Used to play on King Tut in the Crown on Penistone Road in the early 70s

The Wapentake pinball machines were popular.

Not in a pub but "Jacks " temperance bar on Langsett road had about 4 old 50s tables that were great to play on in the early 80s.

Also I remember 1 in the Norfolk Park cafe in the 70s.

There is still one in " bungalows and Bears' on Division st, got the replay the other week lol

Not in a pub and not in Sheffield .... but

In th early 70's they had a worn our Williams "Miss O" machine at Thorpe Arch trading estate, and if you got just the right shot around the "horseshoe" the ball would stop and sit on the 500 pts rollover and give countless free games.... Many a time I was late back to work from lunch :D :D :D

The Saddle on West st,was good but for me it was The Truro on Queens rd in the late 6ts

the globe on howard st was good late 60s