Language exchange, conversation & classes/tutors

I'm trying to find beginner/intermediate Arabic language lessons somewhere in Sheffield.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful

Cheers

Alex

Try looking in the 'Choices' brochure (the brochure for Sheffield college). It's available around the city including places like WHSmith and local libraries.

I think they may well do Arabic lessons.

does anyone know of a school that does night school classes to learn spanish.

I did two years of the Sheff Uni course. Check the Institute for Lifelong Learning on West Street or their website. I'd never learnt Spanish before, but these classes suited me well. You can start at a higher level if you've studied Spanish before.

Sheffield College also do courses, as do King Edwards (I think) and possibly Tapton school.

Birley Community College do a variety of free night classes. They do Spanish on a Tuesday evening. They have broke up for the summer and they go back early in September tel 2392531.

Has anyone got any leads on French conversation clubs or classes in Sheffield? I got a GCSE in French about 10 years ago but my ability with the language has mostly gone - I'd like to improve by practicing regularly in an informal atmosphere. Has anyone got any helpful suggestions (apart from on-line or CD based practice - I'd like to get out of the house as well as learn french)?

Thanks Joey. I didn't follow that thread because, er, it was in french! It's been a long time and i was never really comfortable with the language. If they're all going to all be chattering away at a rate of knots then i think it's not the one for me...

I know exactly how you feel! I am taking lessons from Kittenkel and her partner, and they have been to the meet. They assure me that I will learn a lot from just being there, but I feel I need a lot more knowledge first!

hello! What a shame I'm not in Sheffield. I'm a French native and I used to live in Sheffield for 5 years until I decided to move to miserable Norfolk. Anyway, I'm looking to quit my job and to move back to Sheffield with my Sheffield hubby! So if you hang on a couple of months I could just help you! What do you think? By the way I'm currently teaching French and Spanish up to A-level.

Take care.

Thanks for the offer, meumeu77. I've just found out that the lifelong learning centre at the university do a bunch of classes, so i'm going to follow that up