"Free from" cakes to order??

Does anyone know of anywhere that makes celebration cakes (or any cake to be honest) that are suitable for allergy sufferers? I need a nut free and egg free cake for my sons baptism. I've found a company called heavenly cakes in London but not much else! X

Steel City Cakes on Abbeydale Road (near The Broadfield / Sheldon Road crossroads) may be able to help. They certainly do egg-free vegan cakes, and gluten free - maybe they could help with a nut-free too?

https://www.facebook.com/SteelCityCakes/

Steel City Cakes on London Road are happy to do all sorts of gluten free, vegan and nut free cakes, and I can testify that you'd never know that their vegan cakes were vegan unless they told you (and missing the nuts out can't be that hard if you're careful, can it?).

+1 vote for Steel City Cakes! They do the best vegan and gluten free cakes I've tasted. I'm sure they'd do nut free.

Thank you guys. Will give them a call. It's a bit tricker than just not using nuts in the recipe because of cross contamination in the cooking area but hopefully they can help!

I'm a Gluten Free Cake Decorater home based, no CC here as we only have GF in the House, can cater for most other Allergies too, however l couldn't 100% guarantee Nut Free x

Nut allergy is not to be taken lightly, it isn't just a dietary fad- it can be life or death to a sufferer. Cross-contamination has to be 100% avoided, by sourcing and checking ingredients that are guaranteed not to have been produced in a factory that uses nuts. And by prepping and cooking in a separate area that has not been used for anything containing nuts. Better safe than sorry. New legislation has been brought in recently putting the onus on producers of cooked food (cafes, restaurants etc), and a restauranteur has been charged with manslaughter for causing the death of a diner by using the wrong ingredients.

Nut allergy is not to be taken lightly, it isn't just a dietary fad- it can be life or death to a sufferer. Cross-contamination has to be 100% avoided, by sourcing and checking ingredients that are guaranteed not to have been produced in a factory that uses nuts. And by prepping and cooking in a separate area that has not been used for anything containing nuts. Better safe than sorry. New legislation has been brought in recently putting the onus on producers of cooked food (cafes, restaurants etc), and a restauranteur has been charged with manslaughter for causing the death of a diner by using the wrong ingredients.

That's why l won't risk Nut Allergy Baking :(

You are very wise not to, if you are at all unsure. Sometimes, people don't realise how serious the problem is, it can be fatal. And there are so many hidden ways in which traces of nuts can be present. So well done to you for recognising the pitfalls.

You are very wise not to, if you are at all unsure. Sometimes, people don't realise how serious the problem is, it can be fatal. And there are so many hidden ways in which traces of nuts can be present. So well done to you for recognising the pitfalls.

Exactly. Some people thing because it's not covered in peanuts or isn't a walnut cake then it's ok! It's so tricky finding somewhere we trust as parents too. Maybe I will bake my own, it won't look as pretty but our boy will be safe!

I wasn't making light of nut allergy (I've got family members who have allergies with full anaphylaxis involved) just commenting that if you've got your head screwed on it shouldn't be that hard to avoid contamination. A little care and either separate kit or double washed kit which is stored in sealed bags between uses should do the job.