Magna Real Ale Festival

Does anybody know when the Magna Real Ale Festival formally Oakwood is this year as I can not find any details. This is normally end of Feb or start of march

26th, 27th, 28th Feb I believe. I've already booked Friday off work.

26th, 27th, 28th Feb I believe. I've already booked Friday off work.

Where did you find this information mate? I'm with the OP and couldn't find any info so I asked a guy I know from Sheffield CAMRA if he had heard anything and he claims there were issues last year and if it goes ahead this year it will be later in the year.

That's my issue I need to book the day off but can't find the date anywhere

Not sure if it is happening as they usually send out a Christmas card to volunteers (of which I am one) and they did not send them out, I have tried contacting the email at Magna but no reply and that was before Christmas. Hopefully later this year

as far as I am aware it has been postponed to later in the year and the new dates aren't yet announced.

Talks still ongoing with Magna Trust regarding the venue hire and accounts.

Where did you find this information mate? I'm with the OP and couldn't find any info so I asked a guy I know from Sheffield CAMRA if he had heard anything and he claims there were issues last year and if it goes ahead this year it will be later in the year.

Here:

http://allevents.in/rotherham/rotherham-real-ale-and-music-festival-2015/820161554670752

Apparently created by Rotherham CAMRA, too.

Does anyone know the reason for the postponement?

Here:

http://allevents.in/rotherham/rotherham-real-ale-and-music-festival-2015/820161554670752

Apparently created by Rotherham CAMRA, too.

Does anyone know the reason for the postponement?

Very interesting. On the surface of it you would think this was it wouldn't you? Yes it makes no mention of it lasting more than the one day and nothing on the Rotherham CAMRA or Magna sites further substantiate this. Personally I'd be more tempted to go with Andy's knowledge.

Very interesting. On the surface of it you would think this was it wouldn't you? Yes it makes no mention of it lasting more than the one day and nothing on the Rotherham CAMRA or Magna sites further substantiate this. Personally I'd be more tempted to go with Andy's knowledge.

There may of course be further developments since I spoke to the organiser last month!

Anyway, other festivals coming up

- THIS WEEKEND - Rotherham CAMRA New York beer festival

later in January is Manchester beer and cider festival

February - National Winter Ales Festival in Derby and Winding Wheel festival in Chesterfield

March - SIBA BeerX in Sheffield

April - Doncaster beer festival

May - Barrow Hill Rail Ale Festival

Very strange for it to be postponed as there is nothing on at magna

Just goes to show, they couldnt organise a p*ss up in a brewery :hihi:

Just goes to show, they couldnt organise a p*ss up in a brewery :hihi:

P*ss up in an old steelworks is harder, it would seem :D