Any memories of the sidewalk cafe chapel walk

Remember eating in the downstairs area and them having a bowl of cucumber and onions soaking in vinegar,delicious.

Harry Hart used to own it, I think he also had the café in Pond Street bus station. His stepson David Lidgard ran the Carousel café on Main Road Darnall, and later the Plumtree café at Heeley.

Used to go in there most afternoons in the sevenths always someone you knew there I used to like the iced coffee they did camp coffee and sugar round the rim a favourite with the lads hot sausage rolls chips and beans any body else remember these?

a favourite meeting place in the 60's.Often visited by the likes of Stringfellow and his gang,Cocker was often to be seen there too!Frothy coffee and loads of talent are my memories!

used to ogle birds in the sidewalk every saturday,and listen to music at canns-the music man---with a old mate of mine George Hill--where are you now gud

Early 70's I worked at Johnson Electrics on Eccelsall Rd. Thursday afternoon early closing so down to the Buccaneer for a few pints and then when it closed (3pm in those days) we went down to the Sidewalk for coffee to sober up a bit. Great place cus we used to bump into some of our shop customers down there - members of the local bands etc. Great atmosphere.

This had to be the meeting point for most Sheffield groups in the sixties, Dave Berry & the Cruisers, The Bitter Suite, Glyn Barry, Joe Cocker who occasionally sang with the Bitter suite.It was a great atmosphere but difficult getting in if the groups were there but well worth it...A

................I will add to the list, Johnny Tempest (RIP) I used to go there after a couple of drinks at the Stonehouse on a Saturday afternoon, ('60's) mostly downstairs. A good regular crowd at that time.

I used to go there often in the 60's, my favourite memory is chatting to Michael Gough, anyone remember him from the Hammer films, he was appearing in a play in Sheffield. My OH used to love their Gooseberry Pie.

Edited by rainbow2411

Remember eating in the downstairs area and them having a bowl of cucumber and onions soaking in vinegar,delicious.

Heaven (up) & Hell (down) Certainly a good place at the time.

I used to work there in the early 70's as a Saturday girl. Anyone remember the square scones? :thumbsup:

My mum worked downstairs in the late 60s I used to help on Saturdays washing pots !!