Is racism on the increase?

would if i knew how to get to 61

Originally Posted by Halibut View Post

So, you're kind of nostalgic about not being able to call people with disabilties 'spazzers' or 'mongols' and you miss being able to refer to 'going for a Chinky' or to the '****' shop?

this is the one I was referring to

The words Chinky, spazzers or Mongols doesn't automatically get starred out on the forum posts whereas the word **** does. :roll:

The words Chinky, spazzers or Mongols doesn't automatically get starred out on the forum posts whereas the word **** does. :roll:

Ha, so the forum did it rather than the poster, thanks that was the answer I was looking for. However, it is strange that the Forum allows the others is it not?

Not to pick out your post specifically mafya, but this reminded me of 2 things: one related to this thread and your post; and 1 just relating to this post.

1. I was watching an old Only fools DVD the other day - the original set, so not what is shown now, and in one episode, Del said 'nip down the P*** shop will ya and pick me up some...'

Of course, imagine that on a prime-time 1/3 of country watch, in today's time :shocked:

It made me wonder... if the internet was around in those days, would that have generated debate?

How did Pakistanis feel when that was shown?

Even though it's a racist term now, if used in the context that Del used it, and in the 80s, was it racist then? His character wasn't racist, and the writer wasn't racist (that I know).

2. Your post reminds me of the classic Dave Allen episode :hihi:

(for people who not seen, he was pulled up for using a word not allowed before the watershed - so he looked up all the things that certainly wouldn't be acceptable pre-watershed, but weren't listed, and spend an entire sketch using these words.)

look back at the treads I agree that SF started the thread but he fell it ok to name all the other slang except the shortened for Pakistan. Now I'm not trying to say or imply anything it's just that why the star-ed out word is more offensive to him than the others.

Not wishing to insult you, but you are either trolling, or seriously out of your depth.

Here’s a thing you can do. Think of all the sweary words you can. Reply to this post and aim them at me. Then count the stars.

Good luck.

Not wishing to insult you, but you are either trolling, or seriously out of your depth.

Here’s a thing you can do. Think of all the sweary words you can. Reply to this post and aim them at me. Then count the stars.

Good luck.

not at all you just read my last post, guess not, out of depth guess not or are you just tolling

would if i knew how to get to 61

Originally Posted by Halibut View Post

So, you're kind of nostalgic about not being able to call people with disabilties 'spazzers' or 'mongols' and you miss being able to refer to 'going for a Chinky' or to the '****' shop?

this is the one I was referring to

The post I'm quoting is 84. Scroll upwards and count the posts backwards and stop when you see a post that has 61 next to it. You might need to go back a page.

The post I'm quoting is 84. Scroll upwards and count the posts backwards and stop when you see a post that has 61 next to it. You might need to go back a page.

so what post number is this ? just got it, now post 85 explained it the forum that stars certainly words

Edited by phil752

so what post number is this ? just got it, now post 85 explained it the forum that stars certainly words

Turn your pc off Phil and watch a bit of telly.

2. Your post reminds me of the classic Dave Allen episode :hihi:

well, since people arguing,

:)

not at all you just read my last post, guess not, out of depth guess not or are you just tolling

Just do it. Be sweary. Tell me what you really think of me.

And count those stars :)

Turn your pc off Phil and watch a bit of telly.

now if that's true surely the board's database of explicit,s needs updating. What with the stars too cold tonight.

---------- Post added 20-01-2018 at 00:49 ----------

Just do it. Be sweary. Tell me what you really think of me.

And count those stars :)

you really want me to say what I feel for you, I guess nothing as I don't and probably will never know you. But this is way off topic. if you like to get on topic it maybe nice.

---------- Post added 20-01-2018 at 01:42 ----------

well, since people arguing,
:)

just watched him for forget how funny he was

Edited by phil752