The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Oh my lord . Mel , I like some of your posts , even though we don't agree on much but with all that is happening , this is seriously scraping the barrel (no pun intended)

Oh my lord . Mel , I like some of your posts , even though we don't agree on much but with all that is happening , this is seriously scraping the barrel (no pun intended)

you all noticed the :hihi: in my post by the way?

With all these packs shrinking, it should be good for health :):hihi:

-

The food/pack shrinking thing though (I know is a joke mel), has gone on for as long as I can remember.

It's probably far more common than most realise now, especially since the £ shops surge in the last decade or two.

The £ shop thing was based on buying mega-loads of products, but in smaller containers (enough to value a profit on £1), and a fair few people have made a mint from that idea - probably rightly so, it's genius - because most people (I don't mean readers in here by the way :D) - don't notice, aren't bright enough to notice, or don't care.

With all these packs shrinking, it should be good for health :):hihi:

-

The food/pack shrinking thing though (I know is a joke mel), has gone on for as long as I can remember.

It's probably far more common than most realise now, especially since the £ shops surge in the last decade or two.

The £ shop thing was based on buying mega-loads of products, but in smaller containers (enough to value a profit on £1), and a fair few people have made a mint from that idea - probably rightly so, it's genius - because most people (I don't mean readers in here by the way :D) - don't notice, aren't bright enough to notice, or don't care.

yep saw a program on the pound shop and they have products made just for them like chocolate with two squares missing

the bigger the company the bigger the overheads and the need to make bigger profits.

That's nonsense of course.

The bigger the company the more efficient it is and the more margin is made on each item.

Nor is there any requirement to generate a greater % profit, it's just easier to do so.

That's nonsense of course.

The bigger the company the more efficient it is and the more margin is made on each item.

Nor is there any requirement to generate a greater % profit, it's just easier to do so.

yes look at whats happened with carillion :hihi:

Being big isn't a magic guarantee to make money.

Perhaps they knew how insignificant you are.

As long as they keep making Chocolate Hobnobs, I really couldn't care less what they think of me

But a big change to British politics is coming at the next general election. A change for the better.

Jeremy Corbyn.

Cool, the majority of existing and potential Labour voters back Britain remaining in single market and customs union:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/20/brexit-labour-majority-back-eu-single-market-membership

Which makes no difference as the majority of Britons still want out.

Do they? That's not entirely certain:-

https://www.ft.com/content/2b7c4192-d04d-11e7-9dbb-291a884dd8c6

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britons-majority-in-favour-of-public-vote-on-final-brexit-deal-uk-politics-a8089161.html

https://infacts.org/public-want-final-say-brexit-deal/

Regardless, staying in the single market and customs union entirely respects the referendum result.

Edited by Magilla

About as certain as your claim,

"the majority of existing and potential Labour voters back Britain remaining in single market and customs union:"

and probably nearer the mark.