RIP Ian Toothill

Sad news that Ian Toothill has lost his battle against cancer.

Ian was an Owls fan, who Sheffield United Football club and fans got behind as he raised money for charity. He was the first known cancer patient to climb Mount Everest, where he placed a Sheffield United flag, making it the first club flag to be put there. He came on the pitch at half time, during a recent SUFC home game, to say thanks to the club, the fans, and Kevin McCabe.

RIP Ian Toothill.

"...@footballheaven @SUFC_tweets @robstaton it's with great sorrow that @IanToothill passed away today. Can you thank all your listeners, Sheffield Wednesday fans, Sheffield United fans, Sheffield United Fc and special thanks to Mr Mcabe and Dave Mcarthy at SUFC for their support...."

From the BBC web site, at the time of his achievement.

"...A terminal cancer patient who has been told he has just months to live has conquered Mount Everest.

Ian Toothill said he believes he is the first cancer patient to scale the world's highest mountain.

The Sheffield Wednesday fan planted a flag of rivals Sheffield United at the summit for charity.

The 47-year-old personal trainer, who reached the summit on Monday, has raised money for cancer charity Macmillan.

He tweeted: "Nothing to see here, just some cancer dude [sheffield Wednesday] fan on the summit of Everest with a @SUFC_tweets flag."...."

So so sad RIP fellow Owl.

Never let His cancer get in the way :clap:

Remember the story, what a great fellah!

R.I.P Ian.

Good man!

R.I.P Ian.

Condolences to his family and friends,

R.I.P Ian Condolences to your Family and Friends.

I've given up on this forum, But hats off to a United fan for starting this thread, shows a touch of class.

Nice 1 Grapps, well played mate.

RIP IAN, horrible thing to succumb to and the way he and SUFC conducted themselves should give those idiots that want to bash seven bells out of each other something to reflect on.

Again

Nice touch Grapps.