Carillion another gov bail out?

I'm making my point just fine old chap - after all you are reading it are you not.

If you really think though I care much what you think please read your username.

I'm making my point just fine old chap - after all you are reading it are you not.

If you really think though I care much what you think please read your username.

Ah. The username gag.

Maybe I got there first, when I chose it:rolleyes:

As for your point. It seems to be that it is fine to rip off others and simultaneously pay yourself as much as possible. Don't be surprised when others pick you up on that.

Im fairly certain that I'm worth every penny I get paid. You would be surprised perhaps to see what a high level IT position can pay these days if you are up to the job.

Im fairly certain that I'm worth every penny I get paid. You would be surprised perhaps to see what a high level IT position can pay these days if you are up to the job.

You might be surprised to learn that I'm not even remotely surprised by that:wink:

However, I was referring to the Directors of Carrillion, not you. But hey, what's a little narcissism between "old muckers" eh?

No you were referring to me I'm sure. Anything to get a dig in, you never change no matter how many socks your recycle. Toodle pip.

scarify

That's going in my word bank, haven't heard it for years.

Thanks.

---------- Post added 19-01-2018 at 09:12 ----------

There were/are plenty of Carrillion directors with their noses in the trough to a quite disgusting extent. Some of the salaries in this report are astonishing for people who ultimately have failed in their jobs and brought misery on many honest working people.

Those salaries are remarkably modest for running a £5billion pound PLC business. Sheffield Council's CEO earns about half of Carillion's CEO without anything like the risk or fiduciary responsibility.

It was people like Sheffield Council's CEO that were giving work to Carillion without carrying out the appropriate risk assessments and making the appropriate decisions.

I'm not picking on Sheffield specifically but since we live live here you'll be interested to know that Carillion came a close 2nd to AMEY for the Sheffield roads PFI contract. Thank goodness they didn't win it because you know who wouldn't be getting sacked and taking any responsibility - Sheffield council employees or councillors.

All over the country there are Carillion clients who will carry on collecting their salaries having given them contracts that should never have been given, but they won't be out of work next week.

Edited by ENG601PM

The reason that Carillion got all those contracts is because it's not what you know it's who you know.

Council and government civil servants will always go back to people who have scratched their backs previously

The old boys network is alive and well.....though perhaps not literally.

Creating a public owned utility won't help just as it didn't help 20+ years ago because in any big organisation the turds tend to float to the top.

The reason that Carillion got all those contracts is because it's not what you know it's who you know.

Council and government civil servants will always go back to people who have scratched their backs previously

The old boys network is alive and well.....though perhaps not literally.

Creating a public owned utility won't help just as it didn't help 20+ years ago because in any big organisation the turds tend to float to the top.

its because "alledgedly" the management donate to the tories

---------- Post added 19-01-2018 at 18:51 ----------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-42732753/carillion-worker-with-a-fiver-left-to-his-name

one laid off labourers story

Im sure you are trying to make a point but what....?

I'm guessing it's a point about inequality increasing.

I'm guessing it's a point about inequality increasing.

Inequality is only an issue if you think that you deserve something that somebody else has got but you don't.

Do you deserve a yacht and private jet?

The case for greater equality is not just the reverse of the case against income and wealth inequality. Gaining greater equality has a set of particular positive effects on a society that we can call “the equality effect.” ... Greater economic equality may bring even greater benefits than that.

https://inequality.org/research/equality-effect/

Higher levels of inequality led to lower levels of happiness, even in the most economically advanced nations. In fact, the researchers found that the percentage of respondents who said they were very happy was inversely cor*related with income inequality

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2015/12/income-inequality-makes-people-unhappy/416268/

Edited by Cyclone