War on want on israels new blacklist

I thought Moderators are supposed to be impartial, Jeffrey? Your previous posts on the Israeli/Arab issue shows you're more inclined to one side rather than none.

Disappointed.

Moderators are entitled to their opinions too. Its just considered bad form if they moderate a thread they have given an opinion on or at least thats the way I see it.

This is woefully ignorant nonsense.

---------- Post added 11-01-2018 at 17:00 ----------

Of course it is. It's a very small world and we have longstanding involvement in many parts of the middle east.

most parts are behind us not only in their thoughts and beliefs but also the infrastructure and whilst ever the nutters at the top of these backward countries are allowed to preach and keep the poor revved up against the west whilst sitting in their palaces looking on it will continue.

This is woefully ignorant nonsense.

Of course it is. It's a very small world and we have longstanding involvement in many parts of the middle east.

Every time we have " intervened " we have just made matters worse. There has been no reason for us to be involved in anything since the Falklands war.

Edited by Groose
fixed quote tag

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.

Israel is mainly a European enclave in the Middle East born on the people that fled the horrific experiences in Germany.

thank you for displaying a total ignorance about the demographics of Israel.

the majority of Israeli Jews are Mizrahi or Oriental Jews and have no ancestral link, at all, with Europe. Ashkenhazi Jews, with their lower birthrate, and who do tend to have fairly recent ancestral links with Europe, have been a minority among Israeli Jews for over ten years now. Most Jewish Israelis ancestors are from the Middle East, and they know no other place. They do not hail, from Europe. Today's Israeli Jews ancestors are more likely to come from somewhere like Iraq, Iran, Tunisia, Egypt, and Morocco than they are from places like Russia, Poland, and the United States.

this silly leftist idea of Israel being some sort of imperial enclave like the British in India or something, really won't wash. There has been a continuous Jewish prescence on the land without a break, for 3,500 years and today's Israel is without a doubt the Jewish people's collective ancestral home. Far from being a colonialist-type movement, Zionism is precisely the opposite, it's ANTI-colonial, with it having been an effort by Jews to reclaim their land following numerous foreign colonisations with the Arabs, who conquered and then colonised the region by force of arms in the 7th century CE, being only one of them.

Edited by blake

I loathe violence and I loathe war, but even so, I don't blame the Palestinians for fighting. I'd like to think I would if I was in their shoes.

If Arabs put down their weapons today there would be no violence. If Israel put down their weapons their would be no Israel.

It's as true today as when Netanyahu said it.

I put it to you that your commonly held attitude of justifying Palestinian violence is primarily responsible for the situation that Palestinians find themselves in. Pretending that one side (pick either) has the moral high ground is ridiculous. Blame the Palestinians for fighting.

Palestinian Settler-Colonialism

https://besacenter.org/perspectives-papers/palestinians-settlers-colonialism/

The rare admission by Hamas minister Fathi Ḥammad that “half the Palestinians are Egyptians and the other half are Saudis” is more honest.

It is not to be argued here that “there are no Palestinians” who thus do not deserve political rights, including self-rule and a state. To do so would be both logically and morally wrong. Palestinians have the right to define themselves as they see fit, and they must be negotiated with in good faith by Israelis. What Palestinians cannot claim, however, is that they are Palestine’s indigenous population and the Jews are settler-colonialists.