Stew and Oyster

Anyone else been?

We went in early on NYE with the kids and enjoyed it. Food decent and reasonable with great oysters. Beer better than expected with some nice offerings on draft.

Yeah weve been in a few times. Not tried the oysters but the stews are lovely, and reasonably priced too.

Its a nice place.

Is there much seating in the place and can you book in advance and does it open Sunday lunch?

Bet you someone will post " why don't you ring them up and ask them".

Is there much seating in the place and can you book in advance and does it open Sunday lunch?

Why don't you ring them up and ask them.

Its not a massive place but theres plenty of seating. They do serve food on Sundays (12:00 - 20:00) Ive no idea if you can book in advance but I dont see why you wouldnt be able to.

Why don't you ring them up and ask them.

Ha, thanks , so predictable on this forum, but I know you did it with tongue in cheek. ;)

---------- Post added 05-01-2018 at 23:16 ----------

Its not a massive place but theres plenty of seating. They do serve food on Sundays (12:00 - 20:00) Ive no idea if you can book in advance but I dont see why you wouldnt be able to.

Thank you, must try this place.

We weren't able to book but it was (v early) on NYE.

Yep! I've been in there. I was doing a little reccy down the Kelham Island area a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at a lot of the new bars and things that have opened down there. This being one of them.

Can't remember what beers they had on now - nothing amazing I don't think - but it was a nice place and I'd definitely go back again - maybe even have some food next time.

Yep! I've been in there. I was doing a little reccy down the Kelham Island area a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised at a lot of the new bars and things that have opened down there. This being one of them.

Can't remember what beers they had on now - nothing amazing I don't think - but it was a nice place and I'd definitely go back again - maybe even have some food next time.

I`m hoping to go again soon, particularly for the oysters. I think there were 4 or 5 casks on when we went and I was happy enough with the Pentrich which was decent and well kept.

Agree with last 2 posts.

Was pleasantly surprised when I went in before Christmas to find decent selection of beer.

Can take or leave oysters but found the Chowder/ Stew a great accompaniment to the beer and reasonably priced.

A must for future Kelham drinking outings.

Yeah, the haddock chowder is lovely.