Classic Coronation street v Eastenders

I haven't watched Corrie for 20 years. Recently I've been watching the classic episodes during the week. I only now appreciate the writing and those familiar characters. Eastenders does not have anything like as much laughs from the characters or writing. Maybe it's a London thing. I have no idea what the current episodes of Corrie are like, compared to the classics.

What do you think?

I haven't watched Corrie for 20 years. Recently I've been watching the classic episodes during the week. I only now appreciate the writing and those familiar characters. Eastenders does not have anything like as much laughs from the characters or writing. Maybe it's a London thing. I have no idea what the current episodes of Corrie are like, compared to the classics.

What do you think?

The Classic Corrie's are really <removed> compared to the modern ones and to be honest I watched one the other week and turned it off.

As for Eastenders I never watch it makes me wanna top myself.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

The Classic Corrie's are really <removed> compared to the modern ones and to be honest I watched one the other week and turned it off.

As for Eastenders I never watch it makes me wanna top myself.

I'm the opposite way round. I much prefer the older Coronation Street (from 1970s and 1980s).

Since the 1990s Coronation Street is trying to be all things to all people in it's attempts at winning the ratings war. Sadly the quality has declined as a consequence.

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing

Eastenders is the worst programme ever regularly broadcast, agenda driven, miserable, unrealistic, shouting rubbish.

I'm the opposite way round. I much prefer the older Coronation Street (from 1970s and 1980s).

Since the 1990s Coronation Street is trying to be all things to all people in it's attempts at winning the ratings war. Sadly the quality has declined as a consequence.

Can you say why the classic Corrie's are better as I don't watch the current one's so I wouldn't know the difference?:confused:

Do the modern one's contain the same type of humour and lovable characters?

My favourite character's were Bet Lynch, Fred Gee and Ivy Tilsley and Vera.

Are there people like them around in real life?

Eastenders is the worst programme ever regularly broadcast, agenda driven, miserable, unrealistic, shouting rubbish.

I don't watch soaps but for the last few weeks ive been watching this tripe with my better half . got to say the storylines and plots are ridiculous , as for the acting :gag: .

......"Poundland TV"........how long before a voting system will be introduced to vote for your favorite Sociopath or Psychopath on these soaps each week?

Oh I love the old 'corrie' lol Jim Mcdonald was one of the best characters wish they brought him back every episode he'd have some punch up rawl with someone great scenes