Yet again pit bikes up and down the streets and footpaths. I really am all for teens and pre teens having fun blowing off steam, but not at the expense of everyone else, including the vast majority of other kids trying to enjoy the day.

Yesterday one of these bikes ended up right at my feet complete with rider. Police were spot on, both on the phone and in response time. 'GOOD EFFORT SYP TEAM'

The kids kicked off when I made it clear the bike was going to be handed over to the police, which was not unexpected. What did surprise me was a Vicky Pollard adult type turning up complete with 'am I bovverd' line. She acted worse than the kids in her attempts to get this pit bike back.

Anyway the bikes now on its way to becoming cans and I am in no doubt that these pit bikes are on our streets with the knowledge and consent of the parents of at least some of the child riders.

If while you read this, you think the Police are not interested in taking action you are mistaken. If you see one call 2202020 and do your bit for your streets. That way when some innocent kid is hurt by one of these riders you will know you did what you could to prevent it.

small but not mini motor bikes (pit bikes)

http://www.gadgetbox.co.uk/Products/...FU4lfAod7VCUqA

mini motor bikes

http://www.uk-mini-motos.co.uk/mini_moto_honda.php

Pit bbikes are 1/3 the size of a regular off road bike and totally illegal on the public roads. Mini motor bikes are 1/5 working models of full scale bikes and tend to be super bike lookalikes.

Edited by HighGreens35

I had no idea what a pit bike was, I do now and yay to you as I also found out they are illegal unless being ridden on purpose built tracks. I wonder though do many parents know (or care) that this is the case?

I gather in some countries the bike is confiscated and then destroyed in front of the owner, that must be a joy.

Its to be hoped that they do not know where you live!

Its to be hoped that they do not know where you live!

They do know. however its a small price to pay for the action I took.

It's to be hoped that more people inform on them to as it could well see a downturn in this and other illegal activities.

I had no idea what a pit bike was, I do now and yay to you as I also found out they are illegal unless being ridden on purpose built tracks. I wonder though do many parents know (or care) that this is the case?

I gather in some countries the bike is confiscated and then destroyed in front of the owner, that must be a joy.

I really think these parents do not care. The bikes are about £50 cheaper if stolen.

Can you imagine the mentality of a parent who gives there 10 to 12 year old child a motor bike to ride on the roads and streets?

It's to be hoped that more people inform on them to as it could well see a downturn in this and other illegal activities.

They think they are untouchable and cannot comprehend being challenged.

Well done you

What did the vicky Pollard adult type say to you?

Well done you

Are you bothered?

Oops, that was somebody else. :hihi:

Well done you

Alot of verbal abuse, the 'am I bovverd' was in response to me informing her the police were on there way. She could not understand why I was taking such action or how I dare do so. I think she had tried to call for some others to come and help her get the bike off me before the police turned up. As I saw her on her phone. At the time I thought she was a concerned member of the community calling the police. 'optimist in me'

She made threats regarding my home however stopped when I told her her home address. A woman in her late twenties acting like a 14 year old, it was disgusting.

Are you bothered?

Oops, that was somebody else. :hihi:

I do not want my windows putting through, but I do not want to see someone killed because of these bikes, 'this has been the case in my area' and know when I could have done something walked on.

Is someone going to tell us what a "pit bike" is? I feel moved to support this protest but I haven't a clue what we are talking about.