Leeds or Sheffield

Hi everybody

I have offer in University Of Leeds and Sheffield .

Can you tell me What is better ? Leeds or Sheffield . I mean about life, houses,cheap prices and places of recreation and leisure,

Can you please compare ?

You don't just need to compare the area, but you also need to look at what subject you will be reading, and the school that you will be reading at, and what reputation they have.

Asking on a Sheffield forum whether Sheffield is better or worse than Leeds, is hardly going to give you an unbiased set of answers...

But, as Plain Talker says, the subject you plan to take, quality of teaching, and other university-related questions are far more important to you than "which is the better town."

Since I choose to live in Sheffield and not in Leeds, you can probably guess which answer I'd give.

Edited by HeadingNorth

Hi everybody

I have offer in University Of Leeds and Sheffield .

Can you tell me What is better ? Leeds or Sheffield . I mean about life, houses,cheap prices and places of recreation and leisure,

Can you please compare ?

If you choose leeds theres a much better chance of you appearing in one of our 'local' tv news programs.

Both universities in one degree in the specialty, my question is about the only living

Leeds is a better place. So much more to do & the shops are better.

I disagree.

I once went through Leeds and i didnt like it one bit:mad:

By "So much more to do," do you mean shopping?

Leeds is just more prosperous & the city centre is spectacular. Leeds market is a palace compared with the Castle Market.

I disagree.

I once went through Leeds and i didnt like it one bit:mad:

Then you're not remotely qualified to make a comparison. Only people who've spent significant amounts of time in both cities are capable of doing that.

Leeds gets my vote to on account of I like everything Leeds, plus saying Leeds upsets people here. So yeah Leeds......

Leeds gets my vote to on account of I like everything Leeds, plus saying Leeds upsets people here. So yeah Leeds......

So its Leeds for you then?

Not, Sheffield but Leeds?