Traffic regulation order - Langsett Road.

Has anyone else had a flyer through the door from "Strategic traffic and infrastructure"?

They're proposing not only re-add the bus stop across from ATV, and also convert the small parking layby to a pay and display.

I must say, it's already a pain in the back side having busses idling in the area, with the racket they create. Not to mention the louts that have taken to congragating round this new "temporary" stop.

The changes and new bus stop have been in place for over a fortnight now. If you don't like buses, why chose to live near a road which has been a bus route since horse and cart days!

Another NIMBY I suspect...

Good evening, I thought that layby had been pay and display for a long time. The bus stop has been in use for a couple of weeks now as Michael says. They are a bit late posting your flyer!

The changes and new bus stop have been in place for over a fortnight now. If you don't like buses, why chose to live near a road which has been a bus route since horse and cart days!

Very rude . Some people cannot pick and choose where they live :roll:

Good evening, I thought that layby had been pay and display for a long time. The bus stop has been in use for a couple of weeks now as Michael says. They are a bit late posting your flyer!

The layby shows as P&D on Google streetview - picture dated July 17 - so it certainly isn't new.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4009539,-1.4976365,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sC8k-rPU6esqBS7EWt1zK1Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Is this bus stop meant to relieve congestion in Hillsborough Interchange (by some buses not stopping in there any more)? If so it seems like a good idea to me. The bus station doesn't really work properly and causes traffic problems as buses try and get in and out.

What a terrible post :thumbsup:

Is this bus stop meant to relieve congestion in Hillsborough Interchange (by some buses not stopping in there any more)? If so it seems like a good idea to me. The bus station doesn't really work properly and causes traffic problems as buses try and get in and out.

Hello I think it may be because of the trams not running to middlewood so there are quite a few extra buses going in to the interchange at the moment. I agree, it seems like a good idea. The buses cause chaos at the bottom of Ripley street when they come out of the interchange and block all the road off.

I believe the land in question is and always has been owned by SYPTE and was originally a bus stop. But they have now decided to reinstate it as a bus stop for through services to reduce congestion in the interchange, which has long been a challenge and sees far greater use than originally built to cope with.

I don't have a problem with living on a bus route. I take issue with the fact that busses are treating this "stop" as a place to idle for 10 minutes.

---------- Post added 14-06-2018 at 20:43 ----------

Indeed they have, I had no issue with it being a temporary solution. It's the fact they're trying to make it permanent that gets my goat.

---------- Post added 14-06-2018 at 20:45 ----------

They are planning on making the following a pay and display.

Langsett Rd

https://goo.gl/maps/EKYxCXKtn1x

Good say...man after my own heart...;)

I don't have a problem with living on a bus route. I take issue with the fact that busses are treating this "stop" as a place to idle for 10 minutes.

According to this site, idling for 10 minutes is illegal-

http://www.dudley.gov.uk/business/environmental-health/pollution-control/air-quality/vehicle-air-pollution/

Vehicle idling is an offence against the Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002. The law states that is an offence to idle your engine unnecessarily when stationary. If you fail to turn your engine off after being spoken to you may be issued with a fixed penalty notice of £20.

.....The legislation covers all vehicles on public roads including buses, taxis and private cars. It does NOT apply to vehicles moving slowly due to road works or congestion; vehicles stopped at traffic lights; vehicles under test or repair; or defrosting a windscreen.