Trebor bassetts vacencies?

Hi folks, we have heard on the grape vine that bassetts are recruiting in Feb, and they are having an opening day.

Apparently the job centre have been telling people about it too.

We phoned the place dealing with it (ransted) (well one of my colleges) and they said there is no opening day and they have no vacancies. She didn't push it any further, but it seems we might have been lied too.

Does anyone have any information? I'll be getting back to them, but could do with some backup info if anyone has any.

Thanks.

The place dealing with it may have been instructed not to announce the vacancies (if there are any) until a set date to avoid people having a perceived advantage over others. Perhaps that's it. Perhaps there were vacancies but Bertie has reconsidered? Only thoughts.

If the source of the info is the job centre then speak to someone there.

If it's just a rumour you've heard from someone then it might be rubbish, but keep an eye on their recruitment page.

I used to have the best job ever on £45k a year at Bassett's a few years ago.

I spoke to them this morning, the "opportunity" specifically states that it is not open to work program participants.

What a complete disgrace.

I spoke to them this morning, the "opportunity" specifically states that it is not open to work program participants.

What a complete disgrace.

So you're forced to go onto a government scheme to help you gain employment but then it works against you for this vacancy?

Bizarre. Is there a reason why it's not open to you?

how do you speak to trebor bassetts?i thought you had to apply online these days:)

So you're forced to go onto a government scheme to help you gain employment but then it works against you for this vacancy?

Bizarre. Is there a reason why it's not open to you?

That is the situation for our clients, unfortunately. The jobs are not even advertised either which I question the legality of.

Hi folks, we have heard on the grape vine that bassetts are recruiting in Feb, and they are having an opening day.

Apparently the job centre have been telling people about it too.

We phoned the place dealing with it (ransted) (well one of my colleges) and they said there is no opening day and they have no vacancies. She didn't push it any further, but it seems we might have been lied too.

Does anyone have any information? I'll be getting back to them, but could do with some backup info if anyone has any.

Thanks.

do you have their telephone number cant find it online anywhere

I just googled 'Trebor Bassett Sheffield' and the very first item gave their 'phone number!

0114 234 9391

(You do realise that this particular thread is over 4 years old, don't you?!)