Pay and display machine in Hillsborough Park

I've seen it all now pay and display been installed in Hillsborough park car park :rant:

Where?

I use it loads and just parked in there this morning? Do you know when it's coming into force? :@

It's in force now in the parks car park they finished putting it up about 12 o clock

Oh no that means I will never get parked where I live,is bad enough before they charged :(

Graves, Hillsborough, Which ones next i wonder?

I've often wondered, what with the parks being ours, as in, belonging to the public, being left to us to use, why then the Council have the right to stop the public parking in Hillsborough park when there's a football match on?

So now I also wonder what right they have to charge us to park, in our park?

It's in force now in the parks car park they finished putting it up about 12 o clock

Thanks, must remember to get a ticket next time.

I thought because Sheffield Wednesday leased the car park this wouldn't happen here. It's a shame because I only use it to use the park and shops so it could have a big effect on local traders (hope not)

Can't see why we should have to pay to take kids to park

I've often wondered, what with the parks being ours, as in, belonging to the public, being left to us to use, why then the Council have the right to stop the public parking in Hillsborough park when there's a football match on?

So now I also wonder what right they have to charge us to park, in our park?

The park is as much ours as is every piece of public land, every road, every patch of roadside grass. But clearly as well as creating the state to own these things collectively for us, we also give the state the power to manage them, and that includes allowing or not allowing parking as they see fit, or charging for parking.

I believe, from memory, that it's the other way around. Sheffield Wednesday built (or paid to have built) the car park, and allow it to be used by the general public on all days when there isn't a match on.

Graves, Hillsborough, Which ones next i wonder?

Millhouses.

The park is as much ours as is every piece of public land, every road, every patch of roadside grass. But clearly as well as creating the state to own these things collectively for us, we also give the state the power to manage them, and that includes allowing or not allowing parking as they see fit, or charging for parking.

True, I suppose we give them the right to do what they see fit when we all go and vote, don't we.

It's sad they can't see what they're doing to the local area.