Leeds or Sheffield

These are not limited to Sheffield! 99% of towns and cities are similarly affected. Wait and see who, if anyone, takes all the empty shops in Leeds left by the retailers that have moved into your beloved Trinity!

Leeds will take it in it's stride - the commercial heart is already well-developed. There are several established/thriving shopping centres within their town centre (Merrion, The Light, Victoria Quarter, St Johns, The Arcades etc). As well as renovating existing/out-dated buildings, Trinity will encourage further business, not detract from it. With the right vision & direction, Sheffield could do something similar to revitalise our town centre.

In terms of the city centre it's no contest, Leeds wins hands down.

At least half of Sheffield city centre if not even more looks like nothing has been done to it since the 1980s or even earlier. I mean half of the pavements and roads need urgently upgrading or replacing, let alone the awful eyesores that were put up after the blitz. Yet the council does almost nothing unless the government steps in, it is as if the council is basically holding the government to ransom for funding and using the horrific state of the city as a bargaining chip. I mean look at the roads, in some places they are third world standard or even below.

As far as outside of the centre, if you don't mind living around snobby unfriendly people, I suppose the posh residential parts of Sheffield to the west of the centre are as good or perhaps better than the good parts of Leeds.

What a strange attitude you have, where are the snobby unfriendly people in the west of Sheffield? I live in the posh residential parts to the west, no snobs, no unfriendliness...

How much of an increase in council tax would you be willing to pay for upgrading pavements and roads?

What a strange attitude you have, where are the snobby unfriendly people in the west of Sheffield? I live in the posh residential parts to the west, no snobs, no unfriendliness...

Unfortunately a good proportion of Sheffield folk will not accept that. Their mind is set- if you appear to have a bit of money (well-more than them anyway) you are a snob and you look down on them.