World Cup 2026 hosts

Home > General > General Sports Chat

Reply To Topic

15-06-2018, 08:42   #21
EmmaJones76

Total Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ontarian1981 View Post
So what, they are both very hot Arab Countries in the Northern Hemisphere with lots more sand than grass .
Well its done on a continent basis and neither are in the same one. You could of course just admit you made a mistake and we can all move on
15-06-2018, 19:13   #22
Ontarian1981

Total Posts: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaJones76 View Post
Well its done on a continent basis and neither are in the same one. You could of course just admit you made a mistake and we can all move on
Egypt is on the African continent, Saudi Arabia is in Asia, yet there is talk of a bridge linking the two Countries at the Straits of Titan in the Red Sea. You are basically saying that the WC could be held in Egypt one year and Saudi Arabia 4 years later, hypothetically speaking. After all they are in two different continents, right?
15-06-2018, 20:08   #23
Longcol

Total Posts: 14,876
A number of Russian (Europe) venues this year are further east than Qatar (Asia) venue for 2022 - Ekaterinburg is as far east as Afghanistan and Pakistan.
_______
Helping people escape from Rovvrum since 1991.
15-06-2018, 22:00   #24
EmmaJones76

Quote:
You are basically saying that the WC could be held in Egypt one year and Saudi Arabia 4 years later
Yes, because they are in two different continents as far as football is concerned. Saudi Arabia play in the AFC and Egypt play in the CAF.

Would it blow your mind if I told you Australia played in the Asian (AFC) confederation?
16-06-2018, 17:53   #25
taxman

Total Posts: 20,781
Send a message via MSN to taxman
Quote:
Yes, because they are in two different continents as far as football is concerned. Saudi Arabia play in the AFC and Egypt play in the CAF.

Would it blow your mind if I told you Australia played in the Asian (AFC) confederation?
They are also in two different continents as far as geography is concerned.
_______
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

I am no longer Taxman!
16-06-2018, 18:25   #26
Ontarian1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Hardie View Post
FDR managed three terms. Can see Trump going for it after first pardoning himself.
FDR was a special guy at a special time in American history. He got rid of Prohibition, the stupidest law in history and declared war on Japan about 8 years later. Can't see Trump getting that important or significant, only in his own mind.lol

---------- Post added 16-06-2018 at 13:28 ----------

Quote:

Well, seeing as Australia is a continent in itself, where else could it get regular international games, Antartica?
16-06-2018, 19:27   #27
EmmaJones76

Quote:

Well, seeing as Australia is a continent in itself, where else could it get regular international games, Antartica?
Erm, perhaps as part of the OFC along with New Zealand et al, which it was a member of until as recently as 2006?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceani..._Confederation

"In 2006, the OFC's largest and most successful nation, Australia, left to join the Asian Football Confederation, leaving New Zealand as the largest federation within the OFC."

I suggest you brush up on the basics before making yourself look any more foolish.
Yesterday, 05:10   #28
Ontarian1981

Quote:
Erm, perhaps as part of the OFC along with New Zealand et al, which it was a member of until as recently as 2006?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oceani..._Confederation

"In 2006, the OFC's largest and most successful nation, Australia, left to join the Asian Football Confederation, leaving New Zealand as the largest federation within the OFC."

I suggest you brush up on the basics before making yourself look any more foolish.
Oh yeah, New Zealand, another powerhouse footballing nation.That is all so relevant to the argument.
Today, 08:45   #29
EmmaJones76

Quote:
Oh yeah, New Zealand, another powerhouse footballing nation.That is all so relevant to the argument.
Well it is given we are discussing how the bidding process works after your original gambit of...

Quote:
How come Morocco was bidding when the 2022 WC is in Qatar?
...was explained. And yet you continue to twist and turn. Odd.
Reply To Topic