Public transport tickets from 2nd January 2018

The increase jars with me as I use the abjectly useless 82.

I've had a look at the phone app. You cannot buy a single ticket via the app.

Technology gets better and easier yet they use it as an opportunity to grab more money from single fare users.

Single fares per trip in costing more than multi-ticket options per trip shocker.

Single fares per trip in costing more than multi-ticket options per trip shocker.

With railways, who knows nowadays what subtle permutation of ticketing yields the best deal? Maybe the buses are emulating them.

Many young people cannot afford insurance for even an old rotten cheap car. Bus companies have the market under control. For older people with a good no claim its better to drive.

Sheffield and the wider South Yorkshire area has some of the cheapest bus fares in the country. Some of these fares are still even cheaper than what they were a decade ago! (FirstWeek Sheffield now £14.50, was £17.50 in 2007).

Doesn’t seem as though the drivers / ticket machines have been updated on the 120 service as they are still all charging the old fares.

I occasionally need to go down into Hillsborough from stannington and back again. I have to buy a single fare there and a single fare back because the bus company (First) don't do simple return tickets, the best they can offer is a day rider which costs more than the two single fares. They've got people over a barrel and the bus I use is very unreliable.

Good to see First M tickets cheaper than paying cash,saves waiting for passengers to look in every pocket for change making journeys quicker

The sooner they ban cash on buses the better.

More people will eventually start cycling with this new ticket system.

Good to see First M tickets cheaper than paying cash,saves waiting for passengers to look in every pocket for change making journeys quicker

The sooner they ban cash on buses the better.

As has been said many times - it is not legally possible to ban cash on buses (outside London, which is a special case)

---------- Post added 18-06-2018 at 08:54 ----------

More people will eventually start cycling with this new ticket system.

Why? Please explain.