World Cup 2018 thread

I'm not Sane's biggest fan but after watching Germany play Mexico they had no left winger at all.

Werner their striker had one unbelievable opportunity to tee up his mate in the first half for a near certain goal and decided to shot himself.

Brandt when he came off the bench looked their most inventive player and he only played for 10 minutes.

They look a bit like England at the moment - bereft of ideas in the final third.

Helped by Jose Torres the centre forward who was a good foot taller than the North Korean defenders.

---------- Post added 17-06-2018 at 02:37 ----------

You obviously never met the Dutch lass at the back of the stands in La Rochelle in 1981 ;)

Can you elaborate more on this story , please :)

For their first game, some of the German old guard looked very tired but fair play to Mexico for taking the game to them & great counter-attacking football. I'd drop Özil but I don't know who they'd replace him with?

Great match though & Germany's shirt is the best I've seen so far.

Not looking good for my bets so far. I've a tenner each on Argentina or Germany to win it.

I belive that the England time have been putting in more work for a penalty shootout as England get past the group stages

Gareth Southgate I believe is coaching everyone in how to take a penalty when the pressure is on

Are all the big teams taking it for granted that they'll win?

France struggled to get past Australia, Argentina and Brazil both drawing and the defending champions losing to Mexico... could it be England's tournament???

France struggled to get past Australia, Argentina and Brazil both drawing and the defending champions losing to Mexico... could it be England's tournament???

No. No it won't be.

The England squad has three Sheffield born players : Kyle Walker, Jamie Vardy, Harry Maguire along with Gary Cahill from Dronfield, what could possibly go wrong ?

Over the years Italy, as an example, seemed to struggle in the group stages but excelled when it mattered, I don't think the big guns have anything to fear at this point. As for your last question, LOL

I think that both Argentina and Germany didn't played full force those first games. Draw is enough for now. It should be easy win for England today.

Just watching South Korea - absolute wrought!

Worse than Saudi. English Division Four level. Can't pass,no invention - just rubbish.

Clearly there are too many teams in the WC at present. Adding another 16 donkey teams is only going to make the tournament a worse spectacle.

I think that both Argentina and Germany didn't played full force those first games. Draw is enough for now. It should be easy win for England today.

I know you posted your comments early morning but now that Sweden have beaten S Korea, Germany look to be in a bit of a pickle.

They can't leave anything to chance & will have to turn Sweden over in the next game, as you'd fancy Mexico to beat the Koreans.

England is pretty good today. Much better then in qualifying matches. It's 1:1 due to penalty kick, but I am in no doubt that England gonna win this one.