Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

Millhouses was one of my locals when I moved to Sheff yonks ago.....there was a resident pianist, Norman, who used to go around with his snuff box offering a pinch to everyone between tunes!

Millhouses was one of my locals when I moved to Sheff yonks ago.....there was a resident pianist, Norman, who used to go around with his snuff box offering a pinch to everyone between tunes!

You probably wouldn't recognise it, if you visited now? Definitely a gastro-pub, mainly set out for dining rather than a full nights drinking.

Really good food though.

I went to the meeting last week. The proposals sound very fair and would use a small part of the park that is rarely used. Sign up!

I went to the meeting last week. The proposals sound very fair and would use a small part of the park that is rarely used. Sign up!

I wanna go where there's less provision for screaming kids and annoying parents to be honest. They have a whole playground in millhouse park.

I think the main reason for that pub forever changing hands is because of the lack of beer garden. Theres no real point in using the car park as its very shady most of the time, and the seating outside is nice but the sun very quickly drops, and you're still essentially sat by a main road.

I think, if the area doesn't get much use as it is (although I can't work out which bit of the park they think this is? Perhaps the bit to the right of the pub, with the flower beds?) then perhaps its worth utilising it. It sounds like the pub are willing to put quite a large investment into it, so why not.

They also don't want to use the car-park as it's on the opposite side of the access road to the back of the pub where the cellar hatches are and deliveries get made.

I'm a bit disappointed Friends of Millhouses Park didn't turn up to the meeting, and fully understand their objections - if this strip of the park can be co-opted, then so can bits of the rest of it, so if it needs to be protected, it all needs to be protected.

They also don't want to use the car-park as it's on the opposite side of the access road to the back of the pub where the cellar hatches are and deliveries get made.

I'm a bit disappointed Friends of Millhouses Park didn't turn up to the meeting, and fully understand their objections - if this strip of the park can be co-opted, then so can bits of the rest of it, so if it needs to be protected, it all needs to be protected.

This is a tiny piece of the park that I don`t think I`ve ever seen anybody sat on and I usually run past there 2 or 3 times a week and have done so for 10 years. There`s also a large drain cover and the area is usually in shade so, if TN can make it work, I think that it would be to the park`s gain in the long term. The real threat to the future of such spaces are the constant cuts that the council have to try and deal with.

Be honest though Derby. Did you say 'Arrrrr much' when you got the bill? Sorry couldn't resist, it's your catchphrase now! :hihi:

Is it ? :hihi: Well, that's what I call being hoist by one's own petard then!

Yes it's my favourite description of Sheffielder's for sure, but I didn't think I'd caught the "Arr much is it?" bug myself.

Is it ? :hihi: Well, that's what I call being hoist by one's own petard then!

Yes it's my favourite description of Sheffielder's for sure, but I didn't think I'd caught the "Arr much is it?" bug myself.

No, sorry I didn't mean you say it yourself, just that you comment that other people say it. I have to agree with you, quite a few of my family members are prone to the ''Arrr much'' response. They would happily admit it too. :hihi:

When i went to this pub for a pre booked familiy meal, a little early, ordered 2 drinks and didn't get much back from a tenner, I did think How much? but after eating the food I can see why its popular. There is cheap places to drink this end of town like the norton or woodseats wetherspoons but ive never left thinking that's the best sunday dinner ive had.

We went in again the other Sunday. Had some really nice food and ferret racing and stuff for the kids. Oh, and beer keeps getting better and better. Had a tidy Cloudwater pale and there were other acceptable options! :)

When i went to this pub for a pre booked familiy meal, a little early, ordered 2 drinks and didn't get much back from a tenner, I did think How much? but after eating the food I can see why its popular. There is cheap places to drink this end of town like the norton or woodseats wetherspoons but ive never left thinking that's the best sunday dinner ive had.

You aught to try the Millhouses further down Abbeydale Rd. Avoid the Robin Hood though unless you just want a drink.