Birmingham Vs The Blades

The top six is not the league. The league has 24 teams.

31 points difference this season between play offs and relegation and likely to get bigger.

That tells us that the better teams are better this season,and the worst teams are worse than that season

That tells us that the better teams are better this season,and the worst teams are worse than that season

Exactly my point.

Exactly my point.

Everybody is happy then.

It certainly was a tougher league. Ask Barnsley. They finished fourth from bottom and had to score 55 points to do it.

Requiring 54 points, isn't indicative of a tough league.

Because then you could argue that it was a poor league because you only needed 68 points to get a play off spot....

Requiring 54 points, isn't indicative of a tough league.

Because then you could argue that it was a poor league because you only needed 68 points to get a play off spot....

Can't agree with that Robbie. You could equally say that those 68 points were harder to get because the teams lower down the table were better.

There's always a big gap between top and bottom in say Scotland, Spain and very often Italy. Great teams at the top (well in two of those) but they aren't competitive leagues in my book.

Well I don't feel the championship is harder this season than it was the last 2.

Yet 74 points and 80 points respectively is what 6th finished with.

The fact that in 15/16 there was a.massive 34 points final difference between play offs and relegation, doesn't mean it was an easy league.

Or perhaps you have a point. Both the owls and reading achieved 81+ points last season in what looks, by your reckoning, an easier league and this year they have both struggled. So perhaps you're right that it is a harder league this year than the past 2.

Well I don't feel the championship is harder this season than it was the last 2.

Yet 74 points and 80 points respectively is what 6th finished with.

The fact that in 15/16 there was a.massive 34 points final difference between play offs and relegation, doesn't mean it was an easy league.

Or perhaps you have a point. Both the owls and reading achieved 81+ points last season in what looks, by your reckoning, an easier league and this year they have both struggled. So perhaps you're right that it is a harder league this year than the past 2.

Harder than the last two but easier than the year in question.

Edited by Jim Hardie