Sign in to follow this  

[Review] Gatecrasher 1

Last night was the first time working at the newly refurbed Republic AKA Gatecrasher 1.

The place has had £1.5 million spent on it according to reports and on the grape vine people have been saying "I can't see what on". Let me lay this myth to rest. The place inside looks WKD.

The VIP area, outstanding with a very Red feel about the place. They have some cool IKEA stylee furniture and some cool carpet. There's a V.VIP room with a glass window that display's dance images, but you can still see through into it, where the celebrity guests can hang in their very own chilled out room.

The front entrance dance hall has had a touch up with regards to space and decor and it gives the place a more spacious feel and a touch of class. The sound systems have had a complete overhaul which gives the customer a brain teasing musical experience.

The upper bar (below the VIP section) has had a make over too with modern/retro bars and lights giving atmosphere and class.

The main dance hall (downstairs) has been trasformed from a dark and dingy warehouse atmosphere; to a spacious, light and funky upbeat room. There is more room for dancing on the stage area, and for performances during the evening.

The dance floor above the main dance hall has been kitted out with funky tables and chairs for those wishing to chill out, while the dance floor itself is still very spacious.

The management have gone all out to promote this place as the club to be at. I feel as word of mouth spreads this will pay off. They have some top notch DJ's playing tracks to cater for all music tastes on various evening, drinks promotions for student and regular. Last night they even had break dancers on the upper dance floor to give the crowd a good show and get them into the spirit if things.

The door staff has been doubled to ensure safety and a good/fun atmosphere is maintained at all times. Security is so tight that chewing gum is banned (they don't want gum on their new expensive carpets). The new Gatecrasher one is all about the cutomer and making them want to come back for more.

Last night was 'Freshers' night and I must say the students behaved extremely well. OK, most of em were very drunk on the cheap alcohol on offer but during the whole evening I think only 2 people were asked to leave (if the studentswho got thrown out read this, don't give the finger to security staff again when they ask you to stop sitting on the edge of the bridge because *1* It's for your safety *2* You get thrown out!!! :lol: ).

I think that a good time was had by all and I think the night was a success. I think the studentsdeserve the praise for being well behaved and entertaining. The bar staff for being on the ball at all times and keeping everyone in cheap booze, the DJ's for banging out som WKD choonz, the security staff for running the place smoothly and with professionalism, the promotors for getting the people in the place and the owners for doing a good job with the refurb.

Recommendation = 9.5/10!!

Well I declined my last opportunity to go to gatecrasher - because I've been after several 'mulitmillion' pound refits and have never been very impressed.

From what I hear, there is very little difference apart from the VIP area. The toilets outside the VIP area are a complete state - with doors falling off the hinges.

Next time I'm there can I jump the queue cause I can say " I know DaBouncer, know wat I mean " *wink wink* or will they just put the boot in if I did that? :o

1Man&HisBMW

If you go to Gatecrasher website you can see photos of different 'areas' that they've spent all the wonga on!

http://www.gatecrasher.co.uk

Looks a bit arty for me - and freshers night? how long is £1.5M gonna last up against student abuse and such like?

Originally posted by disc0tech

From what I hear, there is very little difference apart from the VIP area. The toilets outside the VIP area are a complete state - with doors falling off the hinges.

Not true about the toilets. Go and have a look. The general layoutof the building is the same YES, but it HAS changed... a lot... for the better!

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

Next time I'm there can I jump the queue cause I can say " I know DaBouncer, know wat I mean " *wink wink* or will they just put the boot in if I did that? :o

1Man&HisBMW

Good luck. I'm not normally on that door. If you say I know 'DaBouncer' they'll just laugh and say 'which'?

Its probably not the decor thats cost most of that £1.5m but thinks like safely equipment, ventilation, air con perhaps, new sound systems, soundproofing, reduction in sound reverb etc.

Professional installs can easily run into the £100k's.

1Man&HisBMW

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Good luck. I'm not normally on that door. If you say I know 'DaBouncer' they'll just laugh and say 'which'?

Lol - ahh not much good then, dammit! I think you will have to have "DaBouncer" embroided into the back of your jacket!

1Man&HisBMW

Originally posted by 1Man&hisBMW

Lol - ahh not much good then, dammit! I think you will have to have "DaBouncer" embroided into the back of your jacket!

1Man&HisBMW

Nah! 8)

I was in there the other weekend on a friday day night and i also have to say its a lot better for the changes that have been made,its the only club on sheffield that i'm happy to go to really.

Good mix of music and people in a very nice venue,and the v.i.p area is very nice,especially when the air con is on.I'd recommend this club highly on places to go in sheffield,p****s on places like Kingdom from a great hight.

One word of advice though,if your going, try to get tickets for the night because you don't have to que and can go straight in, because belive me,the que was huge when i went,and that was before the students got back!!!:o