Curry for Peace

'nether edge against the war' are holding a curry for peace event today at the everyones centre next to heeley swimming baths (just off abbeydale rd) from 3pm onwards. i assume their campaign is to end the uk/us occupation in iraq.

does anyone have any more information on this? there was only 3 lines in the star about it and being a rightwing liberal eco-toff i haven't recieved any emails about it. maybe i should stay in and watch 'why globalisation is good for us' on C4 instead.

:o 'nether edge against the war' i can see Mr Bush getting the troops out of iraq cause of this.

Don't go swimming after the curry ok :D

Originally posted by Jon

:o 'nether edge against the war' i can see Mr Bush getting the troops out of iraq cause of this.

rah! i think there are lots of small groups and then there is 'sheffield against the war' and then the general 'stop the war' group/coalition. is this not how the big march in london was created and organised?

War? The wars finnished, why dont you have 'Nether Edge against Mugabe' or something useful like 'Nether Edge for more hospitals'

Sorry, but theres no point in rallying against the US, they're governments not in charge, the oil companies and big business are! Rally against them although your still not going to change doodlysquat.

Originally posted by tinajones

'nether edge against the war' are holding a curry for peace event today at the everyones centre next to heeley swimming baths (just off abbeydale rd) from 3pm onwards. i assume their campaign is to end the uk/us occupation in iraq.

does anyone have any more information on this? there was only 3 lines in the star about it and being a rightwing liberal eco-toff i haven't recieved any emails about it. maybe i should stay in and watch 'why globalisation is good for us' on C4 instead.

Don't bother with the campaign, just concentrate on the curry !!!

you know, the sheffield stop the war coalition started a march outside my old house, now being (at that time) a good honest military reserve I found it most amusing