What book you've read would make a good film?

Hi - got to thinking of all the books I've read and films made from them which I've enjoyed over the years. Then I wondered which books I've enjoyed where I think a film or TV serial would really be a good idea and if done well would be welcomed and really enjoyable? There are lots and I would love to see other folks' recommendations.

If I can make a start (although I can readily come up with quite a few) I think 'The Belle Fields" and its sequel "Ashes of Roses" by Lora Adams would be just the ticket for me at least. Think in a nutshell the film would be a blend of Downton Abbey, Upstairs Downstairs, Love Story with a bit of Catherine Cookson thrown in for good measure.

Would be really interested in other contributors' thoughts.:):)

Have a lovely Christmas and best wishes for the New Year:thumbsup:

How to dry clean towels by Anthea Turner.

Books being made into films often disappoint.

I'm quite an avid reader of horror fiction, but when made for film I found them lacking. Stephen King and James Herbert adaptations are good examples. I would like to see Herbert's Shrine made into a film.

Although the police procedural is the staple of many film, S.J. Bolton whose books are of this genre, would be great as mini TV serials - they're not too gory, reasonably realistic, and are compelling to read.

Spectacle for me, please; not deep thinking or airy-fairy :D

Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy

Any techno-thriller, or Society of the Mind, by Eric L. Harry

The Saga of the Seven Suns by Kevin J. Anderson

World War Z by Max Brooks (assuming the pitiful Brad Pitt vehicle of 2013 is trap-doored...pretty please)

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I did hear they were planning to make a film of it but that was a couple of years ago so maybe it's been shelved.

The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I did hear they were planning to make a film of it but that was a couple of years ago so maybe it's been shelved.

Latest news.