Royal Mail delays to Sheffield

Waiting on an important package, not arrived, despite next day guarantee(12), anyone else had problems.Private company now, just hire more staff.

"may arrive later than scheduled"

very open ended, do they mean sunday, monday, when?

RM service update

"Heavy mail volumes into our Sheffield, Belfast, Chelmsford and South Midland Mail Centres meant that some mail posted yesterday from other parts of the UK to parts of South and East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Northern Ireland, Essex and the South Midlands, may arrive later than scheduled."

Edited by gamezone07

Firstly being a private company is sod all to do with anything. Lets not pretend that Royal Mail was perfect when it was state owned.

Secondly, next day delivery is usually 9am or 1pm working day dependant on what the sender has used.

There is an extra charge for some guarantee Saturday delivery but do you know if they have used it? If they have it might still arrive today but just later if there is backlog.

I would suggest you double check with the sender to see how and more imporantly exactly when it was sent. All of the special delivery options will have time cut off.

I thought you could track you parcel and if late claim money back

Yes I track my parcels off eBay etc wife’s handcuffs came next day

Which service is it as they are delivered for 9 am or 1pm and it is extra on a Saturday and I've never known the next day delivery stuff to be delayed as this is always fast tracked. The only stuff that is normally delayed is normal post or recorded signed for signed on delivery at which there is no compensation on these if they are late

As a postman of 22 years the next day "guaranteed delivery" is Royal Mails baby and god help anyone who stops it from getting to it's destination on time. No if's or but's your job is on the line. As a postie I would never hear the end of it if this ever happens. You would be fully compensated if it did happen and the managers goolies handed to you on a plate.

Love how is Finally posted but then provides no updates on the matter as nobody knows what service was used due to conflicting information given

Love how is Finally posted but then provides no updates on the matter as nobody knows what service was used due to conflicting information given

I purchased an item off e bay, the seller posted it next day delivery, I would hope to get it today.

I had some stuff held up by DPD recently, they blamed a seasonal increase in deliveries.

I don't know how it creeps up on them every year.

I had some stuff held up by DPD recently, they blamed a seasonal increase in deliveries.

I don't know how it creeps up on them every year.

It's not like it's Christmas or happens every

---------- Post added 11-12-2017 at 19:18 ----------

I purchased an item off e bay, the seller posted it next day delivery, I would hope to get it today.

Special Delivery? 9 or 1pm.

Recorded signed for. This is not guaranteed next day. First class is up to 3working days and second 5 days.

You haven't said what service except next day.

Waiting on an important package, not arrived, despite next day guarantee(12), anyone else had problems.Private company now, just hire more staff.

"may arrive later than scheduled"

very open ended, do they mean sunday, monday, when?

RM service update

"Heavy mail volumes into our Sheffield, Belfast, Chelmsford and South Midland Mail Centres meant that some mail posted yesterday from other parts of the UK to parts of South and East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Northern Ireland, Essex and the South Midlands, may arrive later than scheduled."

You posted this on a Saturday.

Unless the person sent it with the Saturday guarantee which costs quite abit more, "next day" in this instance actually means Monday.

Edited by EmmaJones76