The Sheffield Round Walk Pub Crawl

Hey folks,

I did the Sheffield Round Walk last month with a few friends. We wanted to stop off at pubs along the way however I couldn't find much information online. For anyone wanting to do what we did, I have written a handy guide to drinking whilst walking around some beautiful parts of the Sheffield borough.

Hope somebody finds it helpful!

http://coolbeansproductions.co.uk/the-sheffield-round-walk-pub-crawl/

Thats a great review, I have been thinking of doing this walk for ages, first 14 miles in a day put me off, then had leg problems for a couple of months but maybe later in year.

Would you mind if I put a link to this on my website.

Just to avoid any confusion the Union Hotel is on Union road (S11) ,not Union Street (S1). It was a good read though, I enjoyed it.

Good work that! I did the Round Sheffield Run a couple of months back and `crawled home`. I had a couple of pints of Thornbridge after the race from the on-site bar then a couple in Beer House. I then decided I was fine after my long run so walked up and over to Union and then had a beer in Hop Hideout. I may have stopped in the Ale House too on route to Woodseats. Race info suggests it`s more like 15 miles and near to 2000 ft of climbing.

What a great idea I would like to try this myself ! I have already done parts of this walk myself before but not it all in one day - by the way shouldn't it really be called the south Sheffield round walk? ;-) I could start and end in either the Broadfield or the Union which are both close to me :-)

Alas I think as its 11 hours roughly then I would say that the window for this year is nearly over and its probably one for next year say around June or July with the very long daylight .. but definitely something I would attempt, and some nice pubs on route - though I would probably substitute the Sheaf View for the Tramshed as its mainly bottles ;-)