Old fire extinguisher - where to dispose?

I'm looking for one could you tell me the size of it please please pm me

I'm looking for one could you tell me the size of it please please pm me

Looking for one of what - could you be more specific?

Still getting the odd enquiry years after my original post - yes I can still get rid of them and yes depending on what it is and how many it will still be free or only a couple of quid.

Hi we're looking to get rid of about 15 commercial sized fires extinguishers from our nursery in S11...know anyone who will collect?

Still getting the odd enquiry years after my original post - yes I can still get rid of them and yes depending on what it is and how many it will still be free or only a couple of quid.

Hi we're looking to get rid of about 15 commercial sized fires extinguishers from our nursery in S11...know anyone who will collect?

We can do that for you. Contact via me my signature for a quote. Please supply photos, business name and address. We will supply you with carriers licence, permit for receiving site and all other legal documentation to make sure you are covered for legal disposal. Anyone not able to supply this is leaving you wide open to prosecution. Please keep this in mind when deciding which quote to accept. Thanks. Cheryl

Beat me to it. bottom of the wheelie is the best place for them. I do the same with old car batteries and chopped up tyres. The bin police never dig down to look in the bottom.

We've got a blue bin and a black bin. Don't know what the blue bin is for. If I bung it in the black bin and cover it with rubbish do you think they'll take it away?

recycling centre.

Do you mean the council 'tip', Civic Amenity Site? If so, that's illegal for a business or charity, its for domestic waste only.

We've got a blue bin and a black bin. Don't know what the blue bin is for. If I bung it in the black bin and cover it with rubbish do you think they'll take it away?

Of course they will. They wont know its there.

---------- Post added 09-12-2017 at 18:01 ----------

Do you mean the council 'tip', Civic Amenity Site? If so, that's illegal for a business or charity, its for domestic waste only.

So , they wont know its not domestic waste. Get it down the dump it site and get rid.

Yeah they will, but don't do that. Get rid of it in a grown up fashion.

and ignore the hi-de-hi parody of Jeremy clarkson that is penistone999.

I'm still getting the odd enquiry from this thread regarding disposing of old extinguishers. I'm still licensed by the Environment Agency for this as a fire protection contractor and will happily still take extinguishers found by people in houses/garages free of charge, commercial sites may have to pay a disposal fee depending on number and condition.

Most of the extinguishers brought to me are unserviceable, some wouldn't work and others are potentially dangerous - on the positive side there are some nicely preserved old ones that get preserved rather than destroyed at a tip.

[email protected]

1 minute ago, buckeroo said:

I'm still getting the odd enquiry from this thread regarding disposing of old extinguishers. I'm still licensed by the Environment Agency for this as a fire protection contractor and will happily still take extinguishers found by people in houses/garages free of charge, commercial sites may have to pay a disposal fee depending on number and condition.

Most of the extinguishers brought to me are unserviceable, some wouldn't work and others are potentially dangerous - on the positive side there are some nicely preserved old ones that get preserved rather than destroyed at a tip.

[email protected]

Football boring you, then?