Council: electricity provider?

the community centre is 25 yards away from our building and nothing to do with the tenants hall,the tenants hall had to have a change of cooker 2 years ago as the council didn't want to fit a extractor fan needed for gas cookers,so they bought a electric cooker for the hall ,then the idiots found out there was no electric for a cooker,then spent thousands putting one in,then found out the lunchion club usual hot dinners,useing fresh food ,could no longer be done as the cooker was not strong enough or big enough to cope,thus the old folk now have to have frozen food and cant have what they used to have,plus the numbers are restricted meaning they cannot take new members,leaving some old people unable to come,in comes the labour councillor who said I guarantee to sort it,but not to be as he lost by a landslide,so we then asked the community centre to help as they had a top cooker the answer was no,so hence old folk left with poor quality food and no hot pudding,so get your facts correct thanks.

surely the cooker is the same as the one fitted in other centres

Edited by Narden Dee

I wish it was ,but when they realised they had no electric for a cooker they only fitted a normal electric box as in household,we know this as we the tenants association have agreed to sort this mess out as the council say they cant afford it and found a contract/commercial cooker ,they have come back and said unfortunately this cannot be fitted as it will cost to much to have a electric supply line in to meet the cookers requirements,so we are buying a another cooker and a huge 2nd oven/microwave so they can go back to offering meals with fresh cooked veg,as sec of the greenhill/bradway tara ,although you don't believe the truth this is a honest and truthfull account of what I have been trying to sort out for 2 years,all the other lunch club have cookers that meet the requirements of what are needed like ours used to until they made this mistake of fitting the wrong electric system and cooker.

---------- Post added 21-11-2017 at 17:55 ----------

re philyyy

our councillors are lib /dem and have been great,but the promise of sorting this out was the labour councillors who lost there places a year ago,but as you can see as a tara we are sorting out this mess,but it has been awfull for our lunch club,re lies as I have dealt with this personally for the last 2 years ,I know the truth,if anyone doesn't call in any tues pm 12noon-3pm and see,but as I say we will sort out this mess and put everything back to normal.

I wish it was ,but when they realised they had no electric for a cooker they only fitted a normal electric box as in household,we know this as we the tenants association have agreed to sort this mess out as the council say they cant afford it and found a contract/commercial cooker ,they have come back and said unfortunately this cannot be fitted as it will cost to much to have a electric supply line in to meet the cookers requirements,so we are buying a another cooker and a huge 2nd oven/microwave so they can go back to offering meals with fresh cooked veg,as sec of the greenhill/bradway tara ,although you don't believe the truth this is a honest and truthfull account of what I have been trying to sort out for 2 years,all the other lunch club have cookers that meet the requirements of what are needed like ours used to until they made this mistake of fitting the wrong electric system and cooker.

re philyyy

our councillors are lib /dem and have been great,but the promise of sorting this out was the labour councillors who lost there places a year ago,but as you can see as a tara we are sorting out this mess,but it has been awfull for our lunch club,re lies as I have dealt with this personally for the last 2 years ,I know the truth,if anyone doesn't call in any tues pm 12noon-3pm and see,but as I say we will sort out this mess and put everything back to normal.

........... Edited by Narden Dee

re philyyy

Have you spoken to your councillors about accessing the ward pot? This is a sum of money made available to local communities for them to decide on where it should go.

yes the councillors are working with ourselves they have been great,but the promise was by the prev labour councillors,the provider of the lunch club use chiefs who have many years experience and as its part of payback with social services,part of the deal is to use fresh veg,and homemade yorks and pies ect,they don't have a problem anywhere else except ours,the problem will be solved ,it is a pity our community centre wont help them,but sadly that was refused,but we as a tara with the lib/dems will sort it and I thank you for your sensible comment.

---------- Post added 24-11-2017 at 16:35 ----------

my problem solved thank you via the lottery who will pay for a new one and a big microwave to go with it so we work with the LIB/DEMS to install and get our oaps back to normal with proper fresh cooked food again,so thanks for all your ideas,lets hope scc don't get the electric I need to cook with otherwise god help us in my opinion