Attercliffe lads

Anyone got memories of a family named Albert Berry/Violett Berry who had sons Mick & Stan

Relatives of mine who lived (I think) on Zion Lane??

I used to visit them in the early 1950s but lost contact when I left Sheffield in '67

I remember Violet Berry. She went to live in a flat and she cleaned the betting office at Highate Tinsley. Unfortunately she passed away some years ago. I haven't seen Stan or Mick for some years now. Aunty Violet was the sister of my uncle Albert Spurr, he married my mums sister May.

Can someone please settle an argument with me and our owd lass ? I lived on the border with Attercliffe (Coleridge Road.We called it Darnall coz it sounded posher) lol. Anyway we used to go to Ripon Street rec and as you Atterclffers know had two sides ,sand rec and the "proper" rec Ha!.The question is is did the "proper" rec have "Flying Planks" ?Those who know what I am on about will know,those who dont err soz for wasting you reading space. Proper Rec meant the water fountain was over there.

hi, i lived on ripon street from 1945 to 1964. as a kid i was on the rec every day but cant remember the flying planks.

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 10:06 ----------

My Grandma lived at 18 Woodbourn Road in the next yard were two brothers called Atkinson I remember one was called Raymond I used to talk to them over the wall this was late 50s early 60s.

Pam

i went to school with raymond

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 10:12 ----------

hi gazz or is it maveric, yes i knew a few lads from round woodbourn rd area Stewart Ducker ,Tommy Keenan,Neil Keenan,Tony Depelge to name a few have a good night pal

tommy and neil keenan keenan are my brothers . im graham.

you forgot Kitty!

j ackie wright was my best mate around 1963 have not seen him since 1968 when we moved to woodthorpe due to council demolishing our house on ripon street we lived at 179 whiched backed on to the rec does anyone remember the cooke family especially alan had some great times on ripon street

---------- Post added 14-12-2012 at 17:03 ----------

Yeah i remember them cos vicky used to babysit me amd my siblings:hihi:

jack wright was my best mate his mother kitty was one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet not seen jack since 1967

---------- Post added 14-12-2012 at 17:04 ----------

:hihi:

Yeah i remember them cos vicky used to babysit me amd my siblings:hihi:

jack wright was my best mate his mother kitty was one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet not seen jack since 1967

There were two wrecks at Darnall one was on darnall hill up from the fire station and both had flying planks ,these were like seesaws but went from side to side instead of up and down:thumbsup:

remember rec off ripon street park keeper was a small chap called frank we played some tricks on him putting grass sods on his chimney then hiding behind concrete pipes and waiting for him to open his door and seeing all the smoke come out of his hut good days long gone

j ackie wright was my best mate around 1963 have not seen him since 1968 when we moved to woodthorpe due to council demolishing our house on ripon street we lived at 179 whiched backed on to the rec does anyone remember the cooke family especially alan had some great times on ripon

jack wright was my best mate his mother kitty was one of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet not seen jack since

i lived at 182 ripon street. jack wright married my cousin. whats your name? imust know you. i knew alan and sandra cook very well.

my name is george davis lived at 179 ripon street with my mam and twin brother joe we went to waltheof but jack wright went to beaverhill school remember pit hill at top of woodburn road me and jack had a run in with some wybournites jack said he was a relative of **** of wybourne called eskimo he wasnt but they believed him and we got back to ripon street unscathed

I remember Violet Berry. She went to live in a flat and she cleaned the betting office at Highate Tinsley. Unfortunately she passed away some years ago. I haven't seen Stan or Mick for some years now. Aunty Violet was the sister of my uncle Albert Spurr, he married my mums sister May.

Pauline, Its good to hear of somone who remembers Violet and Albert. I recall my mum and dad talking about the Spurr family.

They lived with Aunt Mary Ann who i think was my dads mothers sister.

Incidentally I am one of the Turtons,does that name mean anything?

I once visited aunt Violet and Uncle Albert in their flat, I think it overlooked the M1 motorway.

I wonder what happened to Stan and Mick? I remember being at their house when one of them returned from his army stint (probably 1958 ish) I was about 13, i was born in 1945.

My dad Terry Hutchinson born 1942 lived at 28 Brinsworth Street. Can anyone remember him or his family? Dad Ted, Mum Win, Sister Janet and Brother Tony. I've loved reading all about Attercliffe on here.

Tracy Hutchinson

My dad Terry Hutchinson born 1942 lived at 28 Brinsworth Street. Can anyone remember him or his family? Dad Ted, Mum Win, Sister Janet and Brother Tony. I've loved reading all about Attercliffe on here.

Tracy Hutchinson

I think he was a mate of a mate of mine Alan Register who went to Coleridge rd school if so I think I can remember him being a good footballer - that's if I have got the right one

Remember Terry Hutchinson lived just up from Deakin Square we lived at 39 Brinsworth st