The London Bombings - 7/7/05 - Conspiracies, politics, commentary

Originally posted by Belle

Sian

May I point you to this post here, the post that launched this thread. It makes it clear that this is the thread for general chit chat about the fall-out and etc of the London bombings.

Which is why the topic of religion was originally debated in reference to that when it strayed off the London bombings & turned into a debate centred around comparing religion then it was off topic. If you wish to debate this further please contact Geoff or use the 'Contact us' link not this thread.

Originally posted by Belle

I cannot think this is the kind of moderating Geoff had in mind.

I'm not sure how you've managed to put words in Geoffs mouth there.

As one of the more longstanding moderators here I feel that Joe's actions were in the spirit of the moderators as a whole, not just him.

If you wish to gleam a personal vendetta, please do it away from the forum and away from this thread.

Originally posted by royjames

this is great for us and the country at large.

Originally posted by Disco_Cat

Anyone else find this one of the most offensive evaluations of a terrorist attack?

Every time I think they can't, the BNP manage to stoop to a new level of low.

Yes, I found it deeply offensive. As I did this earlier post from the same BNP member........

Originally posted by royjames

some people need to wake up and stop hiding their heads in the sand,just how many bombs will it take for them to realise what is going on???

I despair sometimes at the english ,they deserve all they get .

Originally posted by redrobbo

I trust you will retract that last sentence royjames? No-one who died or was injured in the London bombings deserved all they got.

In the circumstances, your remarks are not only insensitive, but deeply offensive.

royjames did not retract. Instead, he continues to be deeply offensive. Now he is clapping his hands in glee at the number of dead and injured, proclaiming how good it is for the BNP and the country, and saying that the English deserved this atrocity.

How can any civilised person rejoice at this horrendous attack?

How can anyone use it as a vehicle for political recruitment? Before the dead have been buried, this vile organisation (which purports to be a political party) is sowing seeds of despair. These two posts by royjames both offend and disgust me.

Strength in numbers eh?

I just wish to reiterate that if you cannot learn to allow interesting debate to ebb and flow (with all the usual provisos that apply about being rude or illegal) then you will continue to stifle threads and discussions. Relevance is irrelevant, if you will forgive the clumsy expression. Interesting and lively debate is what matters and keeps people coming back.

You must beware turning people off and turning them away.

Otherwise this site will be finished.

And as proof of what I say, I shall take my debating elsewhere

That's one poster with over 1000 postings, three forum meets, one house party with other forumers and two years history with the site you have just lost.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by redrobbo

Yes, I found it deeply offensive. As I did this earlier post from the same BNP member........

royjames did not retract. Instead, he continues to be deeply offensive. Now he is clapping his hands in glee at the number of dead and injured, proclaiming how good it is for the BNP and the country, and saying that the English deserved this atrocity.

How can any civilised person rejoice at this horrendous attack?

How can anyone use it as a vehicle for political recruitment? Before the dead have been buried, this vile organisation (which purports to be a political party) is sowing seeds of despair. These two posts by royjames both offend and disgust me.

Oh please do try to get my comments in some kind of context red,I have said I offer my condolences to the dead and their relatives :mad: so do try to leave your personal stuff where it belongs.:

Its YOUR party red who have made this country the target it now is,so maybe YOU ought to apologise to the people for putting their lives at risk with your pathetic immigration policies.

Its YOUR party that has killed thousands of innocent Iraqis,its YOUR party that has made us a target for all the nutters of the world.

YOUR leader who sucks up to Bush,and you have the cheek to accuse me and the party of ANYTHING,.

The people are not stupid they know who has been responsible for this situation,YOUR party.

:( :(

[MOD NOTE]Things are all getting a wee bit heated and personal - can I suggest that we all take a deep breath and step back from the keyboard?

If the thread carries on in the same vein it will be closed for a cooling off period.

The title of this thread is: The London Bombings - 7/7/05 - Conspiracies, politics, etc

Perhaps one of the mods can precisely define what the etc refers to, and stop filling up the thread with diktats that seem to have been plucked from the ether.

Hi Greenback,

Good point. I've amended it.

We've actually been pretty tolerant - most people understand what's intended.

If you want to debate Islam, US / UK Foreign Policy, or why Americans are bad then start up separate threads.

If you wish to debate moderating policy, contact Geoff.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Originally posted by JoePritchard

Hi Greenback,

Good point. I've amended it.

We've actually been pretty tolerant - most people understand what's intended.

If you want to debate Islam, US / UK Foreign Policy, or why Americans are bad then start up separate threads.

If you wish to debate moderating policy, contact Geoff.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Thanks for the clarification Joe, apologies for my grumpy tone but all that bold type was hurting my eyes ;)

Mine too.

I was almost knocked out by falling bold type in here.... :)

Some of it mine.

Joe

Originally posted by JoePritchard

Mine too.

I was almost knocked out by falling bold type in here.... :)

Some of it mine.

Joe

nice one joe,well handled by a gentle man that sees both sides,...blessed are the peace makers,

Originally posted by slimsid2000

I think, with respect, you are getting into the realms of fantacy there. Surley, the vast majority of British people are more at risk from terrorism than the security services.

Germany didnt start committing genocide overnight. It all started with seemingly small things didnt it? And I am sure many of them convinced themselves it couldnt happen to them either.