Where to buy castor oil

You could try one of the herbalists in town...

I take it you are a little bunged up? I had this prob due to some medication and decided to try a traditional remedy. I ate 6 raw tomatoes and a bowl of spinach...believe me, after about 3 hours it really worked!!!

she doesnt need a poo, she wants hert baby.

I bought some at Lloyds chemist at Meadowhead two weeks ago. I'd already rung about 5 chemists before I found one that stocked it.

Just like to point out that I'm neither pregnant or constipated, castor oil is a very good cleanser and can be used as part of the oil cleansing method!

You can no longer buy castor oil, havent been able to since the war in iraq started..... but i induced mine with codliver by the tablespoon full...... it was groase man... but it worked a treat my baby came that night x

might try the codliver oil then,iv took a few capsules of it but it had no effect,did you mix the cod liver oil with any other drink...to try and disguise the taste lol

why hasten the birth?

the baby will come when he/she/it/they are ready

if your really worried then talk to the midwife or maternity dept. if they feel nature needs a hand then i'm sure they will do something.

You have got to be a bloke havn`t you?

The majority of women when it gets to the end of the pregnancy are very heavy, tired and just want to meet their new baby. I should imagine its much better to bring on the pregnancy yourself than have to go in and be induced.

Be warned!

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/planningyourbabysbirth/naturalbringonlabour/

"Castor oil

There are reports of castor oil being used to bring on labour as far back as the Egyptians, though how it works is poorly understood. The most commonly given explanation is that it acts as a powerful laxative, and when it stimulates the gut it also stimulates the uterus and so "kick starts" labour.

Is it safe?

Nausea is likely to be the immediate effect, followed by a bad case of diarrhoea and there is a risk that you will become dehydrated. For this reason, we would NOT recommend taking castor oil.

Does it work?

A study of 100 overdue women found that 57.7 per cent began active labour after a single dose of 60ml of castor oil, as opposed to 4.2 per cent who received no treatment (Garry et al 2000). A review of this study reported no adverse affects on mother or baby but that all the women who took it felt nauseous (Kelly et al 2001). The study was not large enough to be conclusive.

How do I try it?

This is one we would NOT recommend but, according to a survey of midwives, 4 fl oz of castor oil mixed with orange juice is the usual dose. It is revolting (very oily) to drink though some suggest that making it fizzy by adding half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda helps. A second dose can be given 12 hours later."

On a brighter note, the above link recommends nipple stimulation, sex and pineapples as excellent ways of inducing labour.

iv read the above post over and over lol thats why im unsure as to try it but iv also tryd some of the other things aswel,just going to have to wait arnt i :( as shes obviously not ready to arrive yet

You have got to be a bloke havn`t you?

yup :)

The majority of women when it gets to the end of the pregnancy are very heavy, tired and just want to meet their new baby. I should imagine its much better to bring on the pregnancy yourself than have to go in and be induced.

I'm sure they do, but generally mother nature gets it right, so waiting a few more days while the baby is really ready is probably the best thing to do. In cases where mother nature doesn't quite get it right then i would have thought hospital would be the best place to give her a hand. Because that's where all the equipment and knowledge is in case it really starts to go wrong.

yup :)

I'm sure they do, but generally mother nature gets it right, so waiting a few more days while the baby is really ready is probably the best thing to do. In cases where mother nature doesn't quite get it right then i would have thought hospital would be the best place to give her a hand. Because that's where all the equipment and knowledge is in case it really starts to go wrong.

Midwives tell you to do these thing a the end of the pregnancy.

Theres loads of natural ways to try and kick start it before the hospital gets involved, sex, curries, pineapple and lots of walking are all things that can start labour. It`s generally women who have gone over their due date that want to help out mother nature, so theres no risk at all to baby.

personally I wouldn`t try the castor oil thing(It`d probably just make me papp me pants;)) but I`d try all the other stuff( not at the same time obviously, I`d get covered in curry):D

I bought some at Lloyds chemist at Meadowhead two weeks ago. I'd already rung about 5 chemists before I found one that stocked it.

Just like to point out that I'm neither pregnant or constipated, castor oil is a very good cleanser and can be used as part of the oil cleansing method!

wheres meadowhead?iv been to quite a few chemists and none stock it,one of the workers did say some will though.i dont really want to be taking it but im getting rather desperate lol