The Royal Family Discussion Thread

It depends. Is she fitter than Kate Middleton??

If she is I'll watch it out national pride, if she isn't I'll boycott in protest at the state funding of the security :o

This exactly.

A minor Royal doesn't need to be paraded around Windsor in a horse drawn carriage at the tax-payers expense.

If they want to do that nonsense then let them dip into their own deep pockets and foot the sodding bill.

Too right. We didn't have all this rigmarole when Princess Margaret and Princess Anne's children got married. In fact Princess Ann didn't believe that minor royals should have titles etc either. Princess Ann and Margaret's children all had careers and worked for their living.

Typical of Andrew to want such a lavish ceremony for his children. But then, he is called air miles Andy. I certainly wouldn't miss any of these minor hangers on. I hope we don't have the same for Edward's children. In a period of austerity, they are throwing crumbs to keep the lower classes happy. Bread and circuses comes to mind.

I'd rather the money went on sorting out the Universal Credit problems. At least that would make more people happy and help the many not the few.

Is it just me or does Beatrice and Eugenie look as if they have huge mouths chock full of teeth?

Is it just me or does Beatrice and Eugenie look as if they have huge mouths chock full of teeth?

it's just you, they both looked very nice at the wedding.

The bride looked beautiful. I enjoyed watching the wedding, not just for the pomp and ceremony, but for the pleasure of hearing the lovely music, especially when Andrea Brocelli performed.

Edited by janie48

yes I will watch it but at 18.00 my time today, 23.00 yours, so it will not be live for me.

I agree that the taxpayer should not be footing all the security bill, Andrew should with maybe some help from the Queen.

If there is a significant draw for tourism, then maybe the Gov't should chip in something

yes I will watch it but at 18.00 my time today, 23.00 yours, so it will not be live for me.

I agree that the taxpayer should not be footing all the security bill, Andrew should with maybe some help from the Queen.

If there is a significant draw for tourism, then maybe the Gov't should chip in something

the crowds shown on the news looked minor

Thank goodness they do; it means Andy is the dad :hihi:

Thank goodness they do; it means Andy is the dad :hihi:

Yes. it is the traditional 'upper-class twit" look, made famous by Monty Python.

I don't think Alex Ferguson has ever worn a hat except for a day at the races.

Superb!!!!

---------- Post added 13-10-2018 at 02:10 ----------

it's just you, they both looked very nice at the wedding.

Very nice?

What does that mean?

Looked at times like a toothpaste ad