Hillsborough arcade salesmen

Have they moved on from outside Morrison's then? Had to tell the irritating Talk Talk salespeople where to go several times.

I've never seen them, when I do our shop there at 6am :hihi:

Ask to speak to the on-site centre manager.

I spoke to a shopkeeper and asked him if these salesmen for power companies etc have to get permission from the owners of the arcade. He told me they have to. He said the shopkeepers are fed up with them as they put people off going into the shops. Surely the shopkeers come first as they pay rent.

Sadly its probably big business like Sky and utility companies keeping these places going.

Sadly its probably big business like Sky and utility companies keeping these places going.

Its a shopping arcade where folk go to buy stuff not be harassed by salesmen ,if the shop keepers are fed up they must have told the arcade manager, boycott the place and spend at the other shops or jump on the bus to fox valley its only a few miles away.

I find the answer is to look bemused, shrug and say I don't understand in Italian. They give up on you as a bad job.

Interestingly I find saying in English 'sorry, I don't speak English.' Gives you a moment of confusion in which to walk away.

The manager should know what's going on in his own arcade, if not he should be sacked.

Of course the manager will know they are there but wont necessarily know the extent to which they are annoying people.

Of course the manager will know they are there but wont necessarily know the extent to which they are annoying people.

why is he still employed then?

---------- Post added 12-10-2018 at 14:25 ----------

Interestingly I find saying in English 'sorry, I don't speak English.' Gives you a moment of confusion in which to walk away.

or putting it more bluntly,**** off.

why is he still employed then?

---------- Post added 12-10-2018 at 14:25 ----------

or putting it more bluntly,**** off.

:huh: For not doing something about something they know nothing about?? :huh:

Just do what I do and pretend to be on the phone ... they fall for it every time ... just make sure you flick it on silent beforehand

Just do what I do and pretend to be on the phone ... they fall for it every time ... just make sure you flick it on silent beforehand ��

We shouldn’t have to do anything as they shouldn’t be there. Do they pay any money to the owners of the arcade ?

I don’t see the problem. I just say “No thank you” or “I’m not interested”, followed by “Goodbye”, and the carry on walking.

I don’t see the problem. I just say “No thank you” or “I’m not interested”, followed by “Goodbye”, and the carry on walking.

Always worked for me, I've never had to tell one of them to eff off, it would make me more rude than them, I have never had my day ruined by one of them.