The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

This 'Labour' movement under comrade Corbyn are dangerous.

They need to be kept out of government.

Just been watching their conference - waving Palestine flags at every opportunity. If only they could wave the Union flag with such passion.

They wave the same flag out side Sheffield Town Hall it does not take much imagination to see where the Anti Semitism comes from in Labour ranks .

They wave the same flag out side Sheffield Town Hall it does not take much imagination to see where the Anti Semitism comes from in Labour ranks .

This is why Comerade Corbyn is such a dangerous man. Imagine how some these people would behave with Corbyn at No.10 ?

Labour hate Israel. Love Palestine - always have.

This Labour Conference has brought it home to me how 'far' Left they are (or have become) under Corbyn.

I cant believe that in the past I have voted for Labour.

Never again.

Since you are not prepared to debate thats fine. I really do need to make more use of the ignore list..

Its not the first time you have said that.

I work in the public sector, and people can and do take paid leave for stress and other physical ailments, giving them another reason in which the "victims do not have to provide proof of their circumstances" is not a good idea.

So any change in the rules about suffering violence by another party will have no effect, unless it's for the reason of moving house.

How many women move house because of domestic violence?

Victims do not have to provide proof of their circumstances, that is how it will work in New Zealand, when their law comes into effect next year.

If anyone was going to study workers rights, I would very surprised if this issue was raised.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/26/new-zealand-paid-domestic-violence-leave-jan-logie

This 'Labour' movement under comrade Corbyn are dangerous.

They need to be kept out of government.

Just been watching their conference - waving Palestine flags at every opportunity. If only they could wave the Union flag with such passion.

Well of course, the Palestine flag wavers are heavily featured in news broadcasts, 'Corbyn is an anti- semite, didn't you know?' Same as those Hasidic Jews who were actually supporting Jeremy Corbyn, were made to look like they were protesting against him. You cam make anything look like anything with a bit of judicious editing and muting of the sound at the crucial moment.

After all, let's not listen to what the Delegates have to say on important issues, let's focus instead on a handful of anti-Israel people and see if we can rouse the anti-semite issue yet again... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added 25-09-2018 at 22:22 ----------

I cannot vote Labour since they have done nothing for me or will do anything for me in the future.

At least the Tory governement has secured my job for the next 30 years.

Good job you were not a miner or a Sheffield steelworker then...

Edited by Anna B

Good job you were not a miner or a Sheffield steelworker then...

Yawn. The world of work has moved on. We are 2 entire generations on from people who had sod all effect of the decline of the steel and coal industries.

Those handful of morons who still blame "bloody Thatcher" for their failures need to take a good look at themselves

Technological advances and global industry has evolved and we either evolve with it or die.

Face facts. Most of these allegedly hard done "yoof" wouldn't be seen dead working in a coal mine or steelworks.

Compo and his vile disciples are gonna do nothing but drag us back to the past.

If I had to choose, I’d choose the 1970s over the 1940s any day.

So, it’s Corbyn for me, rather than Boris and Jacob.

Yawn. The world of work has moved on. We are 2 entire generations on from people who had sod all effect of the decline of the steel and coal industries.

Those handful of morons who still blame "bloody Thatcher" for their failures need to take a good look at themselves

Technological advances and global industry has evolved and we either evolve with it or die.

Face facts. Most of these allegedly hard done "yoof" wouldn't be seen dead working in a coal mine or steelworks.

Nevertheless, the UK now has to import coal, when we could have not only produced it ourselves, but be exporting it too.

................Or wearing "I Love Jeremy" T shirts, or carrying "Love Corbyn" bags. And people say its not a cult!

If thats the criteria for being a cult the list just exploded!

More sound bite, kneejerk, slogan comment that is a gross distortion of the situation.

Edited by Flanker7

Nevertheless, the UK now has to import coal, when we could have not only produced it ourselves, but be exporting it too.

You do understand that the reason we have to import coal is because UK coal is too sulphurous to be burnt and also not of a good calorific quality? We can't use it, and nobody would buy it, unless they wanted acid rain and smog.

I had the privilege of working with a number of ex-miners who were retrained as mechanical engineers. They were glad to be out of the horrible mining conditions in a clean(ish), warm, dry environment.

So don't speak for the miners and the mining industry when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about - again.

---------- Post added 26-09-2018 at 10:24 ----------

What on earth is all this about? Is it too much to just focus on THIS country if you want to run it? All they're doing is just giving the media more ammunition to attack and criticise.

Labour conference: Members fill hall with Palestinian flags

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45634379

What on earth is all this about? Is it too much to just focus on THIS country if you want to run it? All they're doing is just giving the media more ammunition to attack and criticise.

Labour conference: Members fill hall with Palestinian flags

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45634379

I'm sure the media is quite capable of attacking and criticising all by themselves.

It is not up to you or I what causes Labour Party members chose to support and given the tide of racism and xenophobia behind the Leave campaign, it is refreshing to see an international dimension to UK politics. I'm sure 90% of Corbyn's speech will be about this country and it's problems.

I doubt that he will even mention Palestine!

I'm sure the media is quite capable of attacking and criticising all by themselves.

It is not up to you or I what causes Labour Party members chose to support and given the tide of racism and xenophobia behind the Leave campaign, it is refreshing to see an international dimension to UK politics. I'm sure 90% of Corbyn's speech will be about this country and it's problems.

I doubt that he will even mention Palestine!

Its always fun challenging those who blindly try and defend every little thing Corbyn or Labour does. A bit like shooting rats in a barrel sometimes though.

Corbyn says Labour government would recognise independent state of Palestine

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/09/24/corbyn-says-labour-government-would-recognise-independent-state/?guccounter=1

Standing ovation as Corbyn promises to "recognise a Palestinian state as soon as we take office".

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor