The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Meet the new boss (Lab), same as the old boss (Cons).

:hihi:

The difference being that Labour aren’t the boss. They also didn’t cause any of this.

My money is on a second referendum with three options, including remain. Nothing else will get through the commons.

The difference being that Labour aren’t the boss. They also didn’t cause any of this.

My money is on a second referendum with three options, including remain. Nothing else will get through the commons.

TBH I've not seen/heard them giving much opposition to it..

It has already been made clear that Parliament will get a vote to either accept any Brexit agreement made with the EU or reject any Brexit agreement. If Parliament rejects the Brexit agreement then the UK leave the EU without a deal. The individual EU countries also need time to decide whether to accept or reject any agreement made between the EU and UK.

In any case, what happens in a referendum with three options and no choice receives an absolute majority?

The thing about Parliament is that it is sovereign. That’s what you leavers want isn’t it? Our parliament making decisions for us?

Just wait and watch as it does exactly that and gives us a chance to drag ourselves back from the abyss.

Actually Anna, in your world it's the top 10% that put in and all the rest benefit but not enough so can we please have more money from the top 10% or else.

No it's not. Everybody but the poorest put in. I pay my tax like everybody else, and also all the other taxes like VAT, road tax, council tax, etc. and so I should.

I probably pay a higher proportion of my income in tax than some crafty CEO with a team of dodgy accountants at his disposal, helping him avoid it.

Edited by Anna B

It's not the role of the employer to give different leave based on what type of violence someone has suffered.

You can repeat that as much as you like and it's utterly worthless. I've given my reasons why I think they should, either give your reasons or stop debating.

---------- Post added 25-09-2018 at 13:26 ----------

No it's not. Everybody but the poorest put in. I pay my tax like everybody else, and also all the other taxes like VAT, road tax, council tax, etc. and so I should.

I probably pay a higher proportion of my income in tax than some crafty CEO with a team of dodgy accountants at his disposal, helping him avoid it.

No you don't. Unless you are in the top 10% of earnings you are a net withdrawer from the system. This is something you fail to understand and need to understand to realise why people will oppose these measures.

The cats out of the bag now. Starmer would like to stay in the EU, gets a standing ovation from all the Comerades at conference.

Whatever happened to the Labour Party representing the working class ?

We voted out Comerade Starmer, you should be assisting / supporting the government of the day to deliver Brexit.

Smear campaign against Starmer coming in 3......2......1..........

Starmer based on what we've seen so far would be a far better PM than May or Corbyn. Just that pesky business of his knighthood. Won't go down well with the class warrior element in Labour.

Even stranger is when senior members of the UK governing Tory party chooses to defend the 'appalling' anti-Semite Hungarian government, yet there is nary a peep from the print and broadcast media about this; but a huge hullaballoo is whipped up re certain members of the opposition Labour Party.

I have some concerns re Labour Party policy in certain areas; however during the last election and since, I've heard members of the public on talk shows speak disapprovingly of the total bias of news organisations against Labour; and indeed many are switching to Labour as a protest.

Any comment on the police Protection issue at the conference.?.

You can repeat that as much as you like and it's utterly worthless. I've given my reasons why I think they should, either give your reasons or stop debating.

Lets see what others think. If its such a good idea I wonder why people didn't think about it before. There are lots of different ideas for policies, this one has come out of the blue.

Since you are not prepared to debate thats fine. I really do need to make more use of the ignore list..

The cats out of the bag now. Starmer would like to stay in the EU, gets a standing ovation from all the Comerades at conference.

Whatever happened to the Labour Party representing the working class ?

We voted out Comerade Starmer, you should be assisting / supporting the government of the day to deliver Brexit.

On one of the News channels they interviewed Labour people outside of the conference, who were not happy that there should be any remain option, if there was another referendum.

Mr Starmer refused to be interviewed on the Piers Morgan show this morning because yesterday Piers Morgan gave Mr McDonnell an hard time, when he refused to give a yes or no answer after Piers Morgan asked if Mr Corbyn would authorise the use of nuclear weapons, if such circumstance happened when they needed to be used. It was an hypothetical question because Mr Corbyn is not the Prime Minister, but if ever he was Prime Minister, he would not have time for the Labour Conference to debate the issue. If Mr Corbyn is still the leader of the Labour Party when the next General Election is called, then Nuclear Weapons is going to be a bigger issue than any fallout over Brexit, given what happened in Salisbury.