More hypocrisy from the Archbishop

So hypocrisy is OK then?.Ex banker who is now the head of a non tax paying entity with £7 billion in assets criticises others for not paying enough tax...and you want to defend him...? He also thinks that zero hour contracts are wrong...guess which organisation uses them?

Well the church relies on unpaid labour. Macdonalds pays minimum wage.

There are plenty of CEO's getting ridiculous salaries in the millions you could pick on, plenty of bankers, plenty of rampant capitalists, plenty of establishment figures with nothing but contempt for the working man; but these seem to escape your censure every time.

I can't help but wonder why you would chose to pick on Archbishop Welby, a man who's only mistake is to venture an opinion and shine a light on matters which needed highlighting, and who actually wants to help the vulnerable and the working poor.

Heaven knows there are few enough influential people fighting that battle, yet when they do they get shot down in flames like this. What's the matter with you?

You are actually helping poverty and injustice to thrive by not giving your support to people like Archbishop Welby when they try to help. He isn't perfect. Nobody is, but at least he tries to do good and has your best interests at heart.

I fail to understand why you continue to give succour to your oppressors who care nothing for you, or your wellbeing, and trample all over you. They must be laughing at your stupidity all the way to the bank. Where was your outrage after the crash which they caused? And which led us into 'austerity' and to where we are now? They are the one's who should be the subject of your ire, they are the ones you should be dissecting.

He's just one of many whom like to denounce anything to do with religion on this forum....I say 'Religion' but it's really anything to do with Christianity because he (and others) don't mention any other mainstream religions.

He's just one of many whom like to denounce anything to do with religion on this forum....I say 'Religion' but it's really anything to do with Christianity because he (and others) don't mention any other mainstream religions.

Ahhh, the good old Christian persecution complex.

Ahhh, the good old Christian persecution complex.

Ahh the good old discussion blocker. Quick, accuse someone of using a strawman

Did anyone listen to Nick Revell's "The Treasure of the Illuminati Leprechauns" - Jesus, Mohammed, The Buddha, Ganesha and Hanuman (and Richard Dawkins) break up a wedding of the ultra-rich elites at the end (after being released from a Vatican Dungeon)).

It's really good: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bh5yb1

Ahh the good old discussion blocker. Quick, accuse someone of using a strawman

Nah, you're boarding on ad hominem, but not a very good one really.

Anyway, lets keep it on the subject of hypocrisy, Christian or not.

That's because there were problems and mistruths in his message.

If he'd been clear in his original speech, and held up his hand to the mistakes he made in his previous speech (Wonga), then it wouldn't have been so much of an issue.

But when you're laying into the likes of Amazon, but you're an investor, it just makes him look a fool, repeating the same mistake as last time.

The CofE is trying to rectify the Wonga mistake by buying them out and opening up decent credit Unions for people. Very laudable IMO

Business links aside, what do you consider to be the 'mistruths' in his message?

The CofE is trying to rectify the Wonga mistake by buying them out and opening up decent credit Unions for people. Very laudable IMO

So why didn't they buy out Wonga five years ago?

Or, better still, why didn't they establish more credit unions five years ago when Wonga were popular, and put them out of business back then?

I could be Jesus himself saying it. You would still find ways to call even him a hypocrite.

Bit tricky since he's not real...

Bit tricky since he's not real...

So yet MORE lies from the Archbishop as he's been telling everyone he is! :D

Business links aside, what do you consider to be the 'mistruths' in his message?

Obviously then the Church didn't think Wonga was doing anything wrong..until people pointed out they were..

Personally I'll denounce all religions myself as being dangerously irrational, I dont reserve any special ire for Christianity apart from it being the dominant one in the UK and so a larger target to aim at...