What music are you listening to?

Guest makapaka

The Nude Party new album is excellent.

Completely bonkers sort-of-prog-rock album which is apparently from Sheffield - anybody know any more about him?

Completely bonkers sort-of-prog-rock album which is apparently from Sheffield - anybody know any more about him?

try the beth hart version of zeps whole lotta love from the live at paradiso album,bit different.

Edited by choogling

Bit of "vintage" oasis whilst I was out and about. Bloody awful and I really liked them as a lad.

The Big Picture-The Homeless House

Hideous Towns-Hesitation Tones

The Morelings-Same Century

Title Flight-Hyperview

Wray-Wray

Wray-Hypatia

His name is Jarrod Gosling, he was one half of I Monster, Sheffield chap, with a recording studio in Hillsborough, overlooking the Wednesday ground (hence the album title!). He has released 2 fine albums previously, the 3 making a kind of trilogy. There is more originality, talent and intelligence in 5 mins of his album than the entirety of the Sheffield ‘indie scene’........in my opinion of course!

The Big Picture-The Homeless House

Hideous Towns-Hesitation Tones

The Morelings-Same Century

Title Flight-Hyperview

Wray-Wray

Wray-Hypatia

I guess I must be old as I cannot tell the name of the band from the title of the song. Not being critical. How could I be when I have never heard the stuff? :help:

I guess I must be old as I cannot tell the name of the band from the title of the song. Not being critical. How could I be when I have never heard the stuff? :help:

Hi Ontarian1981, The band's name is first, title second, they are all albums. The first title goes back to 1987!

They would be classed as power pop, alternative, shoegaze bands from the US and Australia. I don't care about bands that are mainstream and loved by the masses, they don't float my boat. My collection, which numbers over 4,000 items, has few known bands apart from early R.E.M. and Pixies. I prefer digging out obscure bands who release music that I love. Guitar bands are a must, chiming, ringing sounds or when played through a myriad of effects, like sustain.

I will no doubt be listing more as I play them and once again you will have never heard of them. They may not be popular and successful but it doesn't mean the music is poor. It's a matter of taste.

When I was younger I loved progressive music and bought albums like Warhorse and The Human Beast. Obscure and valueless at the time, but look at the prices of their albums now, the latter sells for upwards of £1,000!

I've recently gotten massively in to doom/sludge/stoner metal. I attended the Doom vs Stoner weekend at the O2 Academy and had a blast thanks to the following bands:

Ritual King

Cybernetic Witch Cult

Morass of Molasses

Bongcauldron

Crowbar

Basically, if you like Black Sabbath, these may be up your street.

Bit of "vintage" oasis whilst I was out and about. Bloody awful and I really liked them as a lad.

Don't look back in anger is still requested most nights and the audience sings along with it so well I often fade down the music and let them take over.

---------- Post added 13-10-2018 at 11:12 ----------

I've recently gotten massively in to doom/sludge/stoner metal. I attended the Doom vs Stoner weekend at the O2 Academy and had a blast thanks to the following bands:

Ritual King

Cybernetic Witch Cult

Morass of Molasses

Bongcauldron

Crowbar

Basically, if you like Black Sabbath, these may be up your street.

after all these years I still love Sabbath bloody Sabbath, and judas priests sad wings of destiny .