The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

They show clearly that since May of last year, a majority of people in the UK would prefer to remain in the EU. That chimes with the previous 14 youGov polls which also all show a majority in favour of remaining.

So I shall ask the Brextremists on here once again.

Other than a referendum nearly two years ago, what evidence do you have that Brexit is the 'will of the people'?

Most leave voters are getting something they never voted for.

Less than 40% of people thought we would leave the single market

http://www.comresglobal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/BBC-News_Tables_Brexit-Expectations_11072016.pdf

Still waiting for an answer to post 9845

Austerity unfortunately necessary to enable the repayment of debt.

how long was labour last in power for? ....and how much debt did they run up during their reign?

do you remember mel ... it slips my mind for the minute.

oh i think you know ;)

and i aint a labour fanatic like certain others so sorry for not biting :P

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 17:17 ----------

That was nearly two years ago and things have changed drastically since then

not really, we STILL arent any further forward in knowing whats going on lol :hihi:

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 17:20 ----------

Even EU official Guy Verhofstadt admits Brexit is a sign of the EUs failure= https://news.sky.com/story/failure-of-brexit-dampens-eu-success-guy-verhofstadt-11410713

and? no doubt theres problems, nobodys ever said anything else, ESPECIALLY with something like the EU, which is a massive undertaking to get 28 countries all together and agreeing on things.

The problem is the UK is arrogent, believes its special, believes its still great. And deserves far more than the other 27 countries.

Instead of highlighting issues and working to put solutions in place.

That's fair enough.

Tell you what, point me to a recent* poll (of any sized sample) which shows the majority of people still think Brexit is a good idea. :D

(*within the last year)

I totally agree that there has been a shift in sentiment towards remain as the possible outcomes of negotiations become apparent.

Unfortunately,the government still keep trotting out that they are following the will of the people.

They will eventually realise that the will of the people may not be what it was.

(...)They will eventually realise that the will of the people may not be what it was.
But in all likelihood, it will be too late.

The "will of the people" has been, and still is now, whatever happens to be politically expedient enough, for May to hold onto the PM job for another day.

People will eventually realise that...but the evidence is that history is never kind to those who make the wrong choices.

Still waiting for an answer to post 9845

You’ll be waiting for a long time getting it from me, because 9845 wasn’t even addressed to me.

Thanks

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 19:02 ----------

Even EU official Guy Verhofstadt admits Brexit is a sign of the EUs failure= https://news.sky.com/story/failure-of-brexit-dampens-eu-success-guy-verhofstadt-11410713

That is a good place to start with fixing this mess

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 19:05 ----------

I totally agree that there has been a shift in sentiment towards remain as the possible outcomes of negotiations become apparent.

Unfortunately,the government still keep trotting out that they are following the will of the people.

They will eventually realise that the will of the people may not be what it was.

May is held hostage by hardline Brexiters and the DUP

She has a choice but it will hurt the Tory party, and the party and not the country is her main priority.

Edited by I1L2T3

He's said this since before the referendum. He will keep saying it, he is manoeuvring the EU to a closer integration (with my blessing by the way) and this is excellent ammunition for that cause.

Of course we did. We had thousands over there in the 1940s.

and in the 50, 60, 70,s

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 22:32 ----------

So you want to kick out the immigrants as well as British citizens?

I don't think he was saying that, neither do I think you do

You’ll be waiting for a long time getting it from me, because 9845 wasn’t even addressed to me.

Thanks

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 19:02 ----------

That is a good place to start with fixing this mess

---------- Post added 20-06-2018 at 19:05 ----------

May is held hostage by hardline Brexiters and the DUP

She has a choice but it will hurt the Tory party, and the party and not the country is her main priority.

Ok then , seeing as no remain voters have given an answer to it , maybe you could have a crack at it ?

Ok then , seeing as no remain voters have given an answer to it , maybe you could have a crack at it ?

Can you ask the question. I’m not trawling looking for it again.

Can you ask the question. I’m not trawling looking for it again.

You replied to the post 5 posts back , not much trawling involved