The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Out of Gallileo and out of the common crime databases as well, why is anyone surprised that leaving the club means losing the club benefits?
Well, since the U.K. has steadfastly stuck to its intention to exit the jurisdiction of the ECJ, that one (and dependent aspects like the European arrest warrant system) should come as a surprise to precisely no-one. With two grey cells to rub together, that is.

I wonder what Brexiteers call it, once ‘fearmongering’ turns into ‘factual consequence’ (like the City’s assets and funds management industry deserting the place for Dublin & Luxembourg for some months now, and accelerating)?

Edited by L00b

I wonder what Brexiteers call it, once ‘fearmongering’ turns into ‘factual consequence’

Denial

It's everyone else's fault

I'm not a gullible mug

"Will of the people!" :)

Well, since the U.K. has steadfastly stuck to its intention to exit the jurisdiction of the ECJ, that one (and dependent aspects like the European arrest warrant system) should come as a surprise to precisely no-one. With two grey cells to rub together, that is.

I wonder what Brexiteers call it, once ‘fearmongering’ turns into ‘factual consequence’ (like the City’s assets and funds management industry deserting the place for ]Dublin & Luxembourg for some months now, and accelerating)?

A foot in both camps.

[/color]

You can attack me all you want but it’s futile. Because you don’t understand democracy.

that rich coming from you

Hard Brexit has ultimately become impossible. If it can be prevented altogether we’ll do it.

I see anti democracy at its best. the people that bothered to express a preference voted out. Now others rather selfishly don't even want them to try being out. very democratic i must say.

here is an alternative suggestion ... why do not those that want to stay in the european state leave here and go there i for one wont miss their pathetic whingeing or them trying to unjustifiably inflict their will upon me

I see anti democracy at its best. the people that bothered to express a preference voted out. Now others rather selfishly don't even want them to try being out. very democratic i must say.

here is an alternative suggestion ... why do not those that want to stay in the european state leave here and go there i for one wont miss their pathetic whingeing or them trying to unjustifiably inflict their will upon me

If you prefer to be out then why didn't you leave the UK when were well and truly in the EU?

That was a story a few days ago, nothing to do with brexit, its to do with the NHS' birthday, the whole point is we have money, its not being used up by immigrants and the EU, its been squirrel'd away by the tories. Its to stop it falling apart which is what happens when you starve things of cash for 10 years of austerity

Austerity unfortunately necessary to enable the repayment of debt.

how long was labour last in power for? ....and how much debt did they run up during their reign?

do you remember mel ... it slips my mind for the minute.

A foot in both camps.
That would be some feat of balance, when the moves are taking place due to removal of the right to do the work in the U.K.

That tax base isn’t coming back for a decade, at the most optimistic.

Accessorily, that is Boris and Theresa’s “dividend” walking straight out the door early, £ms and £ms at a time: small brooks eventually make big rivers.

No fearmongering or crystal ball were harmed in the making of this post: it’s already been happening awhile, as recounted by Sir Mark Boleat and the independent link I posted, and is still happening now. One of them is our new neighbour in the building, as it happens.

So you want to kick out the immigrants as well as British citizens?

I see anti democracy at its best. the people that bothered to express a preference voted out.

That was nearly two years ago and things have changed drastically since then, not least that the majority of people NOW wish to remain so on what democratic basis is your complaint based?

That was nearly two years ago and things have changed drastically since then, not least that the majority of people NOW wish to remain so on what democratic basis is your complaint based?

Based on your link to a poll of just over a thousand people,:hihi:

Based on your link to a poll of just over a thousand people,:hihi:

That's fair enough.

Tell you what, point me to a recent* poll (of any sized sample) which shows the majority of people still think Brexit is a good idea. :D

(*within the last year)