The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Funds returned from Brussels ARE a Brexit dividend!

Please keep up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44516123

"Some of the extra funding I am promising will come from using the money we will no longer spend on our annual membership subscription to the European Union after we have left."

That we havent got and might never have if we find it will cost far more to opt out of everything.

However, she added that "taxpayers will have to contribute a bit more in a fair and balanced way to support the NHS we all use".

more like it, NO brexit dividend, all propaganda all nicely lapped up by the brexit lapdogs

Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt said the boost in funding was agreed with the Treasury on the basis it would come from three sources - Brexit, economic growth and the taxation system.

if we dont get funds from brexit, and the economy doesnt grow because of brexit, that leaves one way, taxes

talking of which, oooh look

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44502979

UK economy faces weakest growth since 2009, employers warn

and households "could" be 1k worse off

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44511829

Edited by melthebell

There's no Brexit dividend when the money we won't be paying is less than the reduced tax take due to the smaller post Brexit economy. No-one is seriously pretending that any form of Brexit isn't going to make us poorer.
Isn't it a little bit ironic to see Brexiteers like Car Boot resort to 'Brexit dividend' economic arguments in opportunistic support of Brexit, when they've been shutting down Remainers' economic arguments as 'Project Fear' so steadfastly for the last 2 years?

Well, I see the fun in it anyway :lol:

Edited by L00b

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44516123

That we havent got and might never have if we find it will cost far more to opt out of everything.

more like it, NO brexit dividend, all propaganda all nicely lapped up by the brexit lapdogs

if we dont get funds from brexit, and the economy doesnt grow because of brexit, that leaves one way, taxes

talking of which, oooh look

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44502979

and households "could" be 1k worse off

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44511829

Lots of "ifs" , "coulds" and "mights" in there

Lots of "ifs" , "coulds" and "mights" in there

and is there proof that this NHS money is coming from brexit money? nope, just hot air, and wishful thinking....oh and taxes. the whole brexit thing is built on ifs and buts, there wasnt a plan before the vote, there wasnt a plan after, there still isnt a plan, and nothings been negoiated so how can they say we will get a brexit dividend? it just defies logical thinking, pure propaganda

and is there proof that this NHS money is coming from brexit money? nope, just hot air, and wishful thinking....oh and taxes. the whole brexit thing is built on ifs and buts, there wasnt a plan before the vote, there wasnt a plan after, there still isnt a plan, and nothings been negoiated so how can they say we will get a brexit dividend? it just defies logical thinking, pure propaganda

Propaganda is aplenty on both sides

"We will use funds returned from Brussels after Brexit to invest in our public services and the jobs of the future, not tax cuts for the richest"

Jeremy Corbyn, February 2018.

Voting Leave was, in reality, a vote to save the NHS.

Might be a tad more convincing if he'd said it before the referendum - and somehow can't see that the huge numbers of Tories who voted leave wanted more public spending.

Isn't it a little bit ironic to see Brexiteers like Car Boot resort to 'Brexit dividend' economic arguments in opportunistic support of Brexit, when they've been shutting down Remainers' economic arguments as 'Project Fear' so steadfastly for the last 2 years?

Well, I see the fun in it anyway :lol:

Frankly, it isn’t funny, it is pathetic and hypocritical and tedious and incredibly naive, but not funny. If Corbyn told him ‘good news! We are now going to change the way you get paid! For every pound you earned you will now get a whopping 95 penies!’ He would cheer it on.

Basic maths people, basic fact checking. If even that is too much then good luck to you :(

As long as the increased tax comes in the form of National Insurance. Then I am fine with it.

Propaganda is aplenty on both sides

Apart from the one I mentioned I'd NOW, from the leave side, and very significant

Really?

Immigration, yes. Sovereignty, yes. Dislike of foreigners, yes. Replacing kilos with pounds, yes. Straight bananas, yes.

I don't recall anyone who voted leave having any concern for the NHS whatsoever.

I'm sure plenty were fooled and swayed by the £350 million a week bus.

I'm sure plenty were fooled and swayed by the £350 million a week bus.

I'm pretty sure that some members of HMG feel exactly the same otherwhise why attempt to to pass off the increase to the NHS as a "brexit dividend"?

Forget about Brexit dividend.There will be no such thing.

On the credit side there will be some medium to long term reduction in costs paid into the EU,which will be more than offset by our withdrawal costs and future commitments.

I welcome the support of the NHS but it will be paid for by taxation and reduced funding in other services.