Sheffield gains most from overseas students.

Won't increased competition from oversea/EU students disadvantage the native population from getting into UNI?

Similar to the current demand on the NHS. The native population hasn't increased in size as much compared to the newcomers on top of everyone all living longer will serious illnesses that don't kill us straight away. Instead we end up needing long term palliative care. The countries infrastructure has never increased to cope with such a demand.

If the native population cant get into university, either they haven't got the money thanks to tuition fees of £9,250 a term courtesy of the Tories, or because they're not clever enough, simple as.

No mention of how the population is distributed, well, I apologise for not explaining that intelligence is a normal distribution. Now you know.

IQ assessment is designed to create a specific symmetrical distribution for each cohort tested so that there is the same pecentage throughout the different age groups. The mean average person in that age group is always 100.

However IQ tests cannot really accurately assess people of all ages and abilities.

There are probably hundreds of other test used in hundreds for different reasons in different situations. Many are good only for a certain cohort and become increasingly inaccurate away fro the target group.

In schools data is collected which can be used to compare the difference between their incoming students and outcomes. No two schools have the same distribution and very few have anything approaching normal distriution.

No mention of how the population is distributed, well, I apologise for not explaining that intelligence is a normal distribution.

In a city with universities and a high population of graduates is intelligence then a normal distribution compared to a city with the opposite? That is of course assuming that higher education means higher intelligence.

Since I merely reference half the people it's unlikely that I meant "in Sheffield" don't you think? It was in the context of UK referendum, so perhaps I meant in the UK, although without qualification I could have simply meant in the world.

Either way, still just a quip, why don't you just drop it and leave the thread to die a natural dead. DNR.

In a city with universities and a high population of graduates is intelligence then a normal distribution compared to a city with the opposite? That is of course assuming that higher education means higher intelligence.

I don't think it does. When I was at Uni some of the people were thick. They just rehashed others words in essays.

Exams should be mandatory for all assessments.