The Consequences of Brexit [part 4]

Don't understand that? Are you talking about Dover.

Dover and other ports, plus the channel tunnel.

20-30 mile sea crossings plus a tunnel close to tens of millions of people.

Read the report I linked to and you will understand the importance.

---------- Post added 17-11-2017 at 23:21 ----------

So working class folk should instead listen to privately educated toffs like Sir Nige’ and BoJo the Clown? Who caused the value of Sterling to drop by 10% overnight, which made the cost of imports to rise by as much as 20% ?

You couldn’t make it up could you?

---------- Post added 17-11-2017 at 23:26 ----------

Perhaps working class folk believed that by following the advice of the likes of Goldman Sachs and voting to remain in the EU they would just be 'useful idiots' for the banks and financial institutions which helped create the financial crisis that ruined the Western economy?

There is a valid point in arguing that the EU is an agent of neoliberalism. Not going to dispute that.

But the vision of right wing Brexiteers eclipses any of the EU excesses. These people hate the EU not because it helps big business, but because they believe it constrains the corporates.

They want an acceleration of neoliberal policies and globalisation, not to end the process.

Bottom line is they don’t care if you end up with no job and no home. They simply couldn’t care less.

do you honestly believe most EU worker work picking veg?

I couldn’t say with any certainty about EU workers . . . but as for the Roma gypsies standing around Page Hall all day :roll:

Longer waiting times may be due to the explosion in the population don't you think?

Definitely population growth is a major factor, BUT successive New Labour, ConDemNation coalition and Strong & Stable Tory governments knew the population was rising over a decade ago and had plenty of time to take action if they wanted to, including building extra homes, schools and hospitals.

So working class folk should instead listen to privately educated toffs like Sir Nige’ and BoJo the Clown? Who caused the value of Sterling to drop by 10% overnight, which made the cost of imports to rise by as much as 20% ?

I think that working for folk which I class myself think for themselves, which you seem to have some difficulty with.

I think that working for folk which I class myself think for themselves, which you seem to have some difficulty with.

Excellent. The consequences have been listed on here. Where's the up sides? What's brexit going to do for the working classes?

I couldn’t say with any certainty about EU workers . . . but as for the Roma gypsies standing around Page Hall all day :roll:

Definitely population growth is a major factor, BUT successive New Labour, ConDemNation coalition and Strong & Stable Tory governments knew the population was rising over a decade ago and had plenty of time to take action if they wanted to, including building extra homes, schools and hospitals.

Do you think our population growth is totally due, to internal growth?

Nope. Quite the opposite.

From what you’ve said, you prefer to be lorded over by privately educated toffs.

Now don’t forget to doff your cap and bow before your superiors

Face it - we should all be asking for another referendum.

After 18 months of codswallop from both sides, the electorate are now in a much better position to make an informed decision.

Anyone who say they are not is a liar.

And anyone who is afraid of a vote shows that they support the disinformation that was peddled before - by both sides.

All we can hope is that the EU will let us change our mind if that is the decision, or speed up the exit if it goes that way.

Excellent. The consequences have been listed on here. Where's the up sides? What's brexit going to do for the working classes?

So have the pro's, What has being in the EU done for the Working Classes?since the accession of the eastern countries into the EU, when every other member put limits on movement except us.

There is no problem with immigration. The problems arise when it becomes unsustainable.

To maintain a certain level of immigration government needs to invest in services and infrastructure. If government doesn’t invest then that isn’t the fault of immigrants. After all immigrants are making rational economic decisions based on the options available to them.

Quite simply our governments (of all types) have not invested sufficiently in services, and embarked on insane policies (e.g. housing sector) while using few of the tools that were already available to control immigration.

The irony is that the heavy support for the people running Brexit is for the same people who have presided over these ruinous policies for 7 years, built on ruinous policies from previous governments. Given their track record how can these politicians possibly respond to the demand for change?

So have the pro's, What has being in the EU done for the Working Classes?since the accession of the eastern countries into the EU, when every other member put limits on movement except us.

So what are the benefits then? You think immigration from the rest of the world will stop? Big business will throw its hands up and shout "more wages for everyone!" and chuck fivers in the air? You really think the current government will sort out deals like that?

The divorce bill is going to be about £50bn according to the BBC by the way. Who do you think will pay for that?

Much better to listen to Goldman Sachs? A 'Vampire Squid' of a bank which helped Greece to hide its debt levels so that the country could join the euro. This crippled its economy and put millions of working class people out of work.

Goldman Sachs also wanted the UK to join the Euro...

Face it - we should all be asking for another referendum.

After 18 months of codswallop from both sides, the electorate are now in a much better position to make an informed decision.

Anyone who say they are not is a liar.

And anyone who is afraid of a vote shows that they support the disinformation that was peddled before - by both sides.

All we can hope is that the EU will let us change our mind if that is the decision, or speed up the exit if it goes that way.

As we signed article 50, they'll have to let us back in and that will be very much on EU terms to the best of my knowledge and that will involve adopting the euro by my reckoning.