Ultra loud motorbike commuting across Hillsborough at 5.45 in the morning.

We are so polite in England that even when someone keeps hundreds of people awake we just moan and let it all go on.

In a country like Germany if someone continuously disturbs many in the middle of the night at least one or more would have run out there with a hammer and put an end to it.

Someone sometimes rides around the roads and pavements near me on a very loud bike. On a totally unrelated point, piano wire is not nearly expensive as I thought it would be!

Why would anyone normal human being want to ride about on a bike at that time of morning making that much noise ...they must be simple, to put it mildly.

Someone sometimes rides around the roads and pavements near me on a very loud bike. On a totally unrelated point, piano wire is not nearly expensive as I thought it would be!

I like the cut of your jib.

Why would anyone normal human being want to ride about on a bike at that time of morning making that much noise ...they must be simple, to put it mildly.

They were not loved by the parents and feel a deep shortage of the world, people giving them attention.

If positive attention is not available, negative attention is a fine substitute for them. Now they feel acknowledged again and feel life is worth living.

Piano wire`s probably only appropriate for Germans in WWII (the well known and often repeated Home Guard film), but how about some nails installed in the areas the cretin rides about in. Flat tyres are expensive......

Piano wire`s probably only appropriate for Germans in WWII (the well known and often repeated Home Guard film), but how about some nails installed in the areas the cretin rides about in. Flat tyres are expensive......

Aye, some of those tacks with the wide flat heads should do

What with your hatred of all things German are you sure you didn't vote to leave?

You've obviously put a lot of thought into your idiotic masterplan. How, pray tell, are the nails going to distinguish between one specific motorbike, and all other vehicles using the road? :loopy:

Also, tyres don't have to be flat to be expensive ... in fact I'm pretty certain that all the tyres I've ever bought came supplied with no air pressure in them whatsoever (barring the bar).

You've obviously put a lot of thought into your idiotic masterplan. How, pray tell, are the nails going to distinguish between one specific motorbike, and all other vehicles using the road? :loopy:

Also, tyres don't have to be flat to be expensive ... in fact I'm pretty certain that all the tyres I've ever bought came supplied with no air pressure in them whatsoever (barring the bar).

I think (hope) he was referring to our local pavement biker. Do have to consider buggies and bicycles though.

I was having a chat about loud exhausts on bikes with a mate of mine the other day, incidentally, but of relevance, just like me he`s had motorbikes in the past. He was just as unconvinced about this "loud pipes save lives" thing as I am but he also pointed out that if it ever had had a grain of truth in it then is less likely to now because most cars have got air conditioning. So they`ve got their windows wound up when it`s cold (because the heater is on) and now they`ve also got their windows wound up when it`s warm because they`ve got their air con on !

Another thing I noticed earlier this week (as I was walking in the blissfully peaceful quiet countryside which got ruined when an ignorant shattered the peace on his loud bike.....) that a bike is far louder going away from you than it is when it`s coming towards you. I`m not sure why, possibly the exhaust noise is all being ejected out of the back, but, if you think about it, that makes "loud pipes save lives" even less likely to be true, because any danger to a motorcyclist is going to come from in front of him......

Finally, in my experience, the bikers with the loudest exhausts ride the most aggressively. Thus, it could be argued, loud pipes seem to encourage unsafe riding, so therefore must actually increase the risk of an accident.

An incident occurred today which proves this, yet again. I was waiting to pull out from the parking bay opposite my shop, it was raining (rain droplets all over my side window and door mirror) and starting to go dark. I had my attention on a car coming up from Hillsborough crossroads but thought I`d have plenty of time to pull out, just as I was about to let the clutch out I just noticed a motorbike (which was also travelling a bit too fast....) and slammed the anchors on.

Two points arise :

1 - He had a very loud exhaust, but I didn`t hear it till he was level with me (and going away), and I didn`t even have my stereo on, i.e. proving (yet again) that as a warning of a bike`s approach a loud exhaust is really not that effective.

2 - The biker didn`t even have his headlight on !

In the days after putting this post on, three incidents have occurred to add yet more proof. In all three, motorcyclists were approaching on the other side of the road, and for all I can remember thinking, that`s the kind of motorcyclist I like, they`ve got quiet exhausts ! But for all of those three, once they came level (and past) with my car, their exhausts proved they were actually selfish gits, with LOUD exhausts. As a warning (of approach) device, loud exhausts are useless.

Edited by Justin Smith

My bobber is very loud and shakes the ground its sits on and sound like thunder coming down the road its awsome !